“Excellent NZ Wine Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Auckland Fine Wine & Food Tours

Auckland Fine Wine & Food Tours
Ranked #3 of 32 Food & Drink in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: Auckland's original boutique food & wine tours. Phil Parker is a fourth generation New Zealander, wine writer and food fan who started Fine Wine Tours in 2000. Phil's tours skilfully combine ravishing countryside sightseeing with premium food and wine experiences in Auckland. As your personal guide, Phil assures you of a highly memorable and enjoyable fun time - going behind the scenes of Auckland's premium wine regions and exclusive food outlets. With tours starting at $NZ199 for a half day, there are also full day options covering three wine regions in greater Auckland, plus a full day Food & Wine Lovers' tour. All tours include lunch, complimentary mineral water and information pack.Contact Phil now - for the NZ food and wine experience of a lifetime!
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent NZ Wine Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Earlier this year my wife and I along with another couple (all of us have an interest in a Margaret River winery, Stella Bella) took a wine tour with Phil Parker of Fine Wine Tours. Phil is extremely informative and very passionate about the wineries we visited. Our tour took in Peacock Sky (with food match), Kennedy Point, Cable Bay and Mud Brick where we enjoyed an excellent lunch. We would strongly recommend that anybody contemplating a wine tour around Auckland contact Phil Parker.

Visited January 2014
Pipi16, Owner at Auckland Fine Wine & Food Tours, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Hi Graham,
It was a pleasure to host the four of you to beautiful Waiheke Island - we had stunning weather too (all part of the personal service!). Thanks for your wonderful review.
Warm regards,

Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful Day Tour and Overview of Wineries & Auckland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Phil Parker is the utmost professional.

My husband and I went on an all day tour of Auckland seeing scenery as well as visiting wineries. Phil picked us up at our cruise ship promptly upon disembarkation and dropped us at the airport at the end of the day. He arranged for a delicious lunch at a local cafe and even provided cheese and crackers for our wine tasting. I made all arrangements with Phil from the USA via email and everything worked out very well. His wine knowledge is exemplary without question.

Phil provided us with an everlasting memory and if we return to NZ, we will call on Phil again. He was the perfect host!

Visited March 2014
Hi BonRich!
So glad that you enjoyed your day tour with me in Auckland before your flight home.
It was a pleasure to meet you both and host you.
Best wishes,
Rome, Italy
“Wine tasting + great beaches!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I had just a few days left in New Zealand and really wanted to see the West Auckland vineyards. Phil gave me this opportunity by organizing a last minute tour just for me. I loved the places we visited - and the wines, of course! The icing on the cake was the gannet colony at Muriwai Beach: fortunately that was our last stop, otherwise I would have stayed there the whole afternoon ;)

Visited February 2014
Hi Maria,
Lovely to meet you and share our beautiful Kumeu wines and Muriwai black sand beach.
Thanks for your wonderful review!.
Kind regards,
Denver, Colorado
“Awesome day of Wine Tasting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

My friends and I toured with Phil as a small group, Phil was great, he picked us up right in front of the hotel, he had all the tours arranged including a delicious lunch. I think we all truly enjoyed ourselves. Thank you for making our New Zealand wine tour an adventure we won't forget!

Visited January 2014
Pipi16, Owner at Auckland Fine Wine & Food Tours, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hi Rosalie,
Thanks so much for the fabulous review. So glad that your group enjoyed the Wine & Cheese tour of Kumeu.
I really appreciate that you took time to post it.
With kind regards,
Melbourne, Australia
“Beaut day of top wineries, commentary, scenery & food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were holidaying in NZ & were given this tour as a birthday present from our family in US. A fantastic personalized tour beginning with Phil picking us up at our B & B, visiting 3 superb wineries where we tasted many excellent varieties of NZ wines, each with just enough information for us to take in. Phil's knowledge of the wineries & the area were most informative & interesting. Lunch was a nice relaxed part of the tour. We certainly would recommend this package, friendly, fun, interesting & relaxed. Like the cheese & bikkies Phil produced at each winery. A must do if you are in Auckland area. Thanks Phil for a memorable day.

Visited January 2014
Pipi16, Owner at Auckland Fine Wine & Food Tours, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Hi Jan and Pete,
Thanks very much for the great review and for taking the time out to post your comments.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Kumeu region wineries and lunch at Blossoms.
It was a pleasure meeting the both of you - and I hope that we catch up again.
Warm regards,