“No Whining, Just Wine and FUN”

Auckland Fine Wine & Food Tours
Ranked #3 of 33 Food & Drink in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: Auckland's original boutique food & wine tours. Phil Parker is a fourth generation New Zealander, wine writer and food fan who started Fine Wine Tours in 2000. Phil's tours skilfully combine ravishing countryside sightseeing with premium food and wine experiences in Auckland. As your personal guide, Phil assures you of a highly memorable and enjoyable fun time - going behind the scenes of Auckland's premium wine regions and exclusive food outlets. With tours starting at $NZ199 for a half day, there are also full day options covering three wine regions in greater Auckland, plus a full day Food & Wine Lovers' tour. All tours include lunch, complimentary mineral water and information pack.Contact Phil now - for the NZ food and wine experience of a lifetime!
Hernando, Mississippi
“No Whining, Just Wine and FUN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Honestly I had a little skepticism being so far away from Australia and reserving this tour online. I will say I was much more than pleased. Phil was absolutely friendly, personable and a wonderful tour guide. Our winery tours were great choices, the lunch was scrumptious and his cheese and crackers provided outstanding. I have nothing but high marks for Phil and the tour. I would tell anyone interested to go and enjoy. Thanks for starting our beautiful trip "down under" with the perfect day!

Visited January 2014
Pipi16, Owner at Auckland Fine Wine & Food Tours, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hi BandG1939!
It's always great to host folks from the Deep South - I really enjoyed you company on the tour.
And thanks for the great review and taking time to post it.
Best wishes & regards,

Lubbock, Texas
“Fun times with fine wine and great friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Thanks so much Phil for helping guide us thru the wine region while we were in NZ. We had a terrific time and truly enjoyed ourselves. The stop along the beautiful beach was a bonus. We really enjoyed the cheeses with our wine and the lunch that we enjoyed was spectacular. We were blown away at the number of tastings at each winery.....in the states you usually get about 4 not 10....oh my....did someone say naptime. Thanks for a very special day!

Hi Carol S,
Thanks so much for your wonderful review of your tour with me. As you say - the wineries are very generous with the tasting samples, so it makes for a broad experience of our great wines. And glad that you enjoyed the cheeseboard too!
Warm regards,
Raleigh, North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“"Full" fabulous day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Time with Phil was "filled" to overflowing with local food, wine and truly delightful to the senses. Each stop was unique and always a wee bit off the beaten path. I highly recommend spending a day with Phil for a exceptional "taste" of New Zealand along with spectacular scenery. Although I did get my fill of wine, I was pleasantly surprised to get my fill of many local foods as well. The intimate setting and door-to-door service puts this tour at the top.

Hi Laurie D,
So glad that you enjoyed your full day tour with me. Being a Food & Wine tour, we had the chance to experience some of our great New Zealand food and wine suppliers in greater Auckland.
Kind regards,
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Only way to visit wineries in Aukland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Phil is an amazing, knowledgeable and entertaining guide. We visited boutique wineries most never even know about, let alone have a chance to visit. It was a wonderful day - memorable experience. We'd spend time with him again if we had an opportunity to do so. Very highly recommended.

Visited January 2014
Pipi16, Owner at Auckland Fine Wine & Food Tours, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hi Sandipsks!
It was a great day out on Waiheke with the two of you and I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Island at its best with beautiful weather and a great lunch at Mudbrick.
Thanks so much for tour review.
Kind regards,
Philadelphia, PA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Great way to visit wineries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife and I were wine tourists in NZ in Dec 2013. We managed to hook up with Phil Parker for two 1-day tours in the Auckland area: basically, Kumeu and Matakana. We were not very familiar with these regions, but that is where Phil came in. He is very knowledgeable about NZ wineries, and about wine in general. So, he chauffeured us around and helped us to appreciate what these areas have to offer. We have used wine-expert drivers in the past and found these new experiences with Phil to be excellent. We took a half-day tour to Waiheke Island with a group one day earlier, which was pretty good, but going with Phil to these other areas was extra special. Great personalized service, with attention to detail, at an reasonable price. He even brought along some cheese and crackers, and bottled water for us.

Visited December 2013
Hi AbsolutePalate,
Thanks for your very warm and positive review of the two tours with me. I do love showing visitors around our beautiful countryside and sharing our great wines. it was a pleasure hosting on the tours.
kind regards,