“Service lets them down”
Review of East Day Spa

East Day Spa
Ranked #1 of 55 Spas & Wellness in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: East Day Spa Auckland is a haven of calm, wellness and beauty in the heart of New Zealand’s biggest city. Located on the ground floor of SKYCITY Grand Hotel, we offer an alluring and seamless union of authentic eastern holistic healing traditions and premium western beauty therapies using pure, natural products. Mystical aromas and luxurious candle-lit interiors will greet you as our gracious and respectful therapists help you escape to a new state of beauty, wellbeing and inner calm. Relax your body, calm your soul and clear your mind as you awaken a new and complete you. East Day spas can also be found in Wellington, Melbourne and Bali.
Epsom, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Service lets them down”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I've had 2 experiences at East Day Spa now and on both occasions my issue has been the same. I went with my daughter and we had appointments 30 mins apart. We were both kept waiting 10 minutes for our therapists who were "preparing the rooms. Errr-shouldn't the rooms be ready when you arrive? And the real issue I have is that they take this out of your "treatment time"-not good practice. We then both had a body scrub in the steam room. With both of us the therapists took us into the steam room and then said they had to get themselves prepared-this took ten minutes and again this came out of the treatment time. So all in all a 2 hour treatment was actually one hour and 40 mins and they should be transparent about this. I wouldn't go back based on this issue. The treatments were good (not excellent) but ok, however service lets them down!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Charlotte M
eastdayspa, Business Development & Spa Operations at East Day Spa, responded to this review, September 24, 2014
Hello Charlotte

Thank you for taking valuable time out to let us know about your spa experience. I’m sorry you were disappointed with your spa experience.

East Day Spa procedure and standard practise is to give all guests full treatment time, on the table. So an hour is an hour at our spas. I am sorry if you did not receive this and will personally look into your case further.

On some occasions if the guest is late, we would always gently conclude the treatment at the scheduled time in respect for the following guests treatment. We ask guests arrive early so consultation time does not affect their treatment time.

We would graciously appreciate if we can private message you for more detail on your booking so we can improve our treatment and services.

Thank you again for a chance to restore your faith in East Day Spa and our services.

Namaste.

Suyin Ginn.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Great Couples Escape”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I decided to have an afternoon of relaxation and booked this very well organised and blissful Spa, we arrived at our booking time and the well managed but un-rushed process began, we were welcomed with a choice of oils, the type of massage, the level of intensity, and any points to concentrate on, providing a very through and thoughtful start to our afternoon.
We then were escorted to our room, which was at a beautiful temp. the girls were there, and too my surprise I had a local Caucasian girl so wasn't expecting too much, what a surprise she provided a really firm and full body massage.
We booked an hour thank goodness as it went so quickly, on completion we were very satisfied and sat in the foyer with a refreshing lemon water and collected our thoughts and planed our next visit.
A great way to enjoy an afternoon together.

Visited June 2014
Auckland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best Pedicure Spa in Auckland”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I love the new venue in the Sky City Grand - very clean and inviting.

My technician did a fantastic job on my feet and nails - I chose the deluxe treatment for $90 and it was worth it.

I will be going back.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank TF66
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

This place is pure bliss. I walked out feeling so great and relaxed. I will definitely return here again.

Auckland, New Zealand
“Pregnancy massage”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Absolute blissful experience. Warm welcome, served mint tea with relaxing full body massage. A bit pricey but worth every cent. Will definitely be booking treatments more regularly.

Visited February 2014