“Perfection”
Review of East Day Spa

East Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: East Day Spa Auckland is a haven of calm, wellness and beauty in the heart of New Zealand’s biggest city. Located on the ground floor of SKYCITY Grand Hotel, we offer an alluring and seamless union of authentic eastern holistic healing traditions and premium western beauty therapies using pure, natural products. Mystical aromas and luxurious candle-lit interiors will greet you as our gracious and respectful therapists help you escape to a new state of beauty, wellbeing and inner calm. Relax your body, calm your soul and clear your mind as you awaken a new and complete you. East Day spas can also be found in Wellington, Melbourne and Bali.
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

This was my ideal spa. Attention to detail was second to none. Staff courteous and friendly. I want to go back!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been to Chuan Spa at the Langham a few times and have always found it to be a great experience. A friend invited me to the East Day Spa at the Grand Hotel as an alternative as we couldn't get into Chuan. The waiting area (chill out room) was quiet and relaxing. This is where we filled out our forms and decided on oils etc. Our massage was nice but then we felt like we were left high and dry. We were not informed of the facilities and that we could have used a shower facility they had as opposed to trying to wipe all the oil off before dressing in the massage room. Then that was it. Pay the money and leave! No offer of the chill out room or a cup of the tea they have- nothing! This was a very different end to the Chuan Spa where you can use the pool, spa, snail shower, steam room etc and ends with a relaxing tea. I wouldn't waste my money at East Day Spa again.

6  Thank AucklandWiz
Reviewed March 2, 2013

On a recent trip to Auckland, my friend and I were unable to book appointments at the Chuan Spa in the Langham Hotel where we were staying. After reading TripAdvisor reviews, we decided to try and book at the East Day Spa as an alternative. We were very happy with our decision. We easily made appointments two days out (which was not an option at Chuan) for 90 minute Balinese massages and added on Thai foot massages and Morrocan Oil scalp treatments. Our experience was very good. Friendly staff greeted us with tea, then we moved to the Chill Room for our foot massages. We transferred to private treatment rooms for our body and scalp massages, then returned again to the Chill Room where we were able to stay and relax for as long as we liked. The spa is stylish, relaxing, and very clean; masseuses were skilled, polite, and professional. We appreciated the quiet, tranquil atmosphere. We left feeling relaxed and renewed--and prices were significantly less than those at Chuan. Would definitely return on a future visit to Auckland!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Went to East Day Spa for a Milk and Honey Cocoon Wrap and the Aromatherapy massage. The place itself is nice and tranquil. They provide with you some ea to start and then ask you to fill out a form. I was rather disappointed with the wrap, it felt like it went by too quickly, and there was barely any time to enjoy the wrap itself. The massage was a bit too gentle, though the oil scent I chose was nice. I went with my partner and he did the jet lag massage and requested the strength to be firm, but also said he barely got a massage. Though the facility was nice, I don't think the massage and services are of good enough quality to make it worth the price.

1  Thank gatzbee
eastdayspa, Spa Director at East Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Hello
Thank you for your feedback, it helps us to strive toward improving our services and delivery of treatments. We are pleased you found the spa environment tranquil and relaxing, we are well known for great massage therapies, so on this occasion, disappointed the treatments did not meet expectations. I invite you to message me personally with further details so we may improve.

Namaste.
Suyin Ginn

Reviewed January 5, 2013

What a Beautiful Day Spa! As soon as I walked in I could feel my body relax immediately. The smells, decor & warm welcome all helped to achieve this. The Therapists were amazing and friendly; my massage & facial were pure bliss.

Being a local Aucklander it made me feel as if I were back on holiday in the East. I would highly recommend to everyone! I know I'll be back any chance I get. Thank you East Day Spa!