“Informative and fun tour with Paul”
Review of Toru Tours

and up
3-Hour Auckland Express Tour
Ranked #31 of 165 Tours in Auckland Central
More attraction details
Owner description: Come on our personalized 3-Hour tour, showing you the highlights of what makes this city of Auckland so special. From the diverse eateries to the many Volcanoes, to the working farm,and beautiful gardens that we have. We can guide you to Auckland's best shopping, cuisine and sights. Along the way, you'll learn about the Maori culture and settler history. We will meet local people and share stories which provide you with an enriching experience. Small groups (16max and yes we even take 1) increases the quality of the tour, so you can ask as many questions as you like. We get plenty of time to stretch our legs with 4 stops along the way. Let us show you 'our Auckland'.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This tour company runs specials for cruise ship passengers, and we were delighted with the value and entertainment of our 3 hour tour. Paul is delightful and readily shares his wealth of knowledge and experience. The small tour bus is very comfortable, and the tour is well organized. Paul made our short visit to Auckland very memorable.

Torutours, Owner at Toru Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. It is great you had fun on the tour. I'm please you found the tour well organized. I've be a guest in other countries, and I know what it's like when a driver does not know what he/she is doing. Being a local I know the most efficient way to get around the city.
Being part of a small group you avoid the waiting, with getting on and off buses that big groups have, saving you time and hassle.
Thanks again.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

For the all of the independent travellers doing cruise visits to Auckland with limited time, Toru Tours is an ABSOLUTE MUST and excellent value for money compared to on board organised tours. Paul will meet you at the wharf in his comfortable mini bus right in the middle of town to commence your magic tour of the city. It is an action packed tour encompassing all of the must sees and do's of the Auckland area. Paul can create a tour for individual needs and is a "full bottle" on the history of the town. It was an entertaining tour with a tour guilde who not only provides a good service, buts loves doing his job. Give him a call when in Auckland, You will not be disappointed. Thanks for fun day mate! Kia ora Paul.

1  Thank SuenDazz
Torutours, Owner at Toru Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I feel that it is really important as a guest to Auckland actually get to view Auckland ( rather than just the shops in the middle of town) at a fair price. As a local and knowing Auckland so well ,I saved time as well, as going off the beaten track to give a wide range of experiences.
Your assessment is spot on with regards to a must do for cruise ships guests as it is the perfect tour to see Auckland, as well as have time to do other great things in Auckland.
Kia Ora

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I first contacted Paul at Toru Tours after reading glowing recommendations on Tripadvisor & through his website and I have to say they were right. Taking a group of staff on a business trip to Auckland (some of whom had never left the country before) I wanted to make the most of a very limited sightseeing timeframe. Intially I spoke to Paul about his Auckland tour and said we were debating between that and Rotarua, he offered a personalised tour of Rotarua as well, including things like a hangi lunch. Paul made the day trip a wonderful experience and with 10 crazy women on board he had the patience of a saint along with a wonderful sense of humour, he really made the day one they would not forget! Having our very own personal tour was a fantastic way of seeing the sights and I would higly recommend Toru Tours to anyone!

Torutours, Manager at Toru Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Thank you for you review, and what a fun day it was. Thanks for visiting New Zealand

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I visited Auckland last September during the Rugby World Cup, and I wanted a nice one-day introduction to the city before I set out to explore on my own. I contacted Paul at Toru Tours on my arrival day, hoping that he could fit me in to his tour for the following day, and he promptly replied that he could. I was pleasantly surprised the next morning to find that I was the only tour guest. Paul is a terrific tour guide and a genuinely nice person, and despite a little rain, I really enjoyed my day with him. I visited a cultural center to learn about the Maori people, as well as the Auckland Museum, One Tree Hill and Mount Eden. As an animal lover, I was thrilled that he also arranged a short, guided visit around the Auckland Zoo for me, and I was really happy to see the kiwi and other indigenous animals. I really enjoyed this one-day tour, and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Auckland. Thanks Paul!

Torutours, Owner at Toru Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you so much for this review. I am really pleased enjoyed the day, and thank you for the recommendation.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I recently took the tour and being the low season I was the only guest. Paul was fantastic and showed me his city in this three hour tour. Very interesting and informative and I would highly recommend - excellent value.
John - London, England

Torutours, Owner at Toru Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

It was a pleasure to look after you ,and show you our city.