“Beautiful Food, great service, lovely atmosphere”
Review of Red Brick - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Red Brick
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Red Brick is an old Listed Brick Building beginning its life as a Coffee House. We have three separate trading areas our Conservatory Bar, Heated Courtyard and Cosy Restaurant. In the bar we operate a cafe Monday to Friday 7am - 3pm. We then convert the cafe to a welcoming wine bar Monday - Saturday with a large selection of New Zealand Wines, tasty tapas and great views over Fraser park and the Sky Tower. The Restaurant serves food 12 - 3 and 5.30pm - 9.30pm Monday to Friday and from 5pm on Saturdays. In the Courtyard you can relax with the Tapas menu or our Restaurant Menu - you choose.Red Brick is proudly family owned and operated, we have spent much of our hospitality careers in England and France and love to welcome Parnell Locals and visitors from further a fieldWe look forward to welcoming you at Red Brick soon
“Beautiful Food, great service, lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Went for an early meal using a voucher deal. I had chicken on a mash base with coleslaw. The chicken was tender and moist. It was a huge helping which I thought would defeat me, but it was so yummy that I had to polish it all off.
Hubby had beef cheeks which was a poor choice. They were nice enough, but nothing special. Desserts were to die for. Again I hit jackpot with a tasting plate. Wines and coffee were well matched and high quality. Service was attentive, informed but unobtrusive. I'll keep coming back for more

1 Thank LornaMurray

Waiheke Island, New Zealand
“HORRIFIC:(”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Absolutely one of the WORST dining experiences of my life. Would recommend STAYING AWAY from this restaurant. I was dining at this restaurant taking advantage of a special promotion they had offered. In that promotion it was required that you order 2 mains as part of the promotion. As I was dining solo, I figured I'd have one as my "entree" course and the 2nd as my "main". When I was seated I was only offered the standard menu but noticed other diner's had an additional lunch menu that featured "specials". I asked to see that menu and realized that the prices on that menu offered main meals at a significantly lower price(including some IDENTICAL items from the menu I was shown). I had now asked the server to refill my water twice and was never bought a container of water to help myself to. I ordered off the "special" menu and you can imagine my horror when BOTH MAIN MEALS were served to me at the same time. I asked the server if they really expected me to allow one of my meals to become inedible whilst I finished my first.
"oh, very sorry. let me see if there is something we can do". She took it back to the kitchen where I'm convinced they just left it under a heat lamp and re-served it 20 minutes later when I finished my first course. Also, I've now asked this same person for water 5 MORE TIMES!! To add to the insulting service, when I did finally receive the bill I was charged at the HIGHER RATE from the standard menu & NOT THE PRICES THAT WERE ON THE "LUNCH" MENU(from which I had ordered!! The server took this to the manager and they corrected the total and as I walked out of the restaurant I remarked that by enticing people in with a special promotion and then treating them to such lousy service was no way to garner new business. Not only would I not ever return I would do my best to prevent anyone I knew from making that mistake as well.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank fistowe
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Great night out!”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We used the Grabone coupon we picked up via the internet. Well what a great decision - spending a night out with friends at a fabulous restaurant which provided great food and service. We all had different mains and no one could fault the presentation & food. The service was attentive and we couldn't help but try the desserts which definitely lived up to the same standard as the mains. The restaurant isn't suitable for large groups but great for tables for two and up to six people. Ask for a table next to the window as you get a good view of the skytower. Toilets were very nice & clean. We will be back again. Thanks for a great night!

• Visited January 2012
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“The verse "Jesus wept" was written about the food here.”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

From the entree of chicken livers with bacon and mushrooms to my Roasted leg of duck and my wife Fish of the day (snapper) I have never had food so good.
Thank you Red Brick for an amazing meal.

• Visited January 2012
Littleton, Massachusetts
“Nice little place in Parnell”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

The staff was pleasant. The vegetarian risotto was excellent, the beef fillet was a bit tough and not very flavorful.

• Visited October 2011