“Best Day Tour Ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waitakere Tours - Day Tours - CLOSED

Waitakere Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Small group, personal, active day tours. Waitakere Ranges has been our family home for over a hundred years. Share with us the wild bush, wild black sand beaches, real kiwi kai(food) with real locals and get a sense of the history and culture which has help shape this beautiful place to what it is today.
Toronto, Canada
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Best Day Tour Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was definitely one of the best tours we had ever taken. Shane the tour guide was very nice and incredibly knowledgeable about the area since he grew up there. The scenery was beyond amazing. It was so beautiful and Shane brought us to all the places we wanted to see. Lunch was provided and it was a very nice homemade meal that was far better than we had on any of the other tours we had been on. The tour ended at an amazing beach right at sunset. We will definitely recommend this tour to any one we know going to New Zealand.

Visited July 2012

Cairns, Australia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“You just can't beat this tour! :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I think you could spend the entire day just sitting in the vehicle talking to this tour guide and still have an excellent day! There's not a single thing I could possibly find to complain about... the driving was safe, the guide extremely knowledgeable, the food superb and the places you visit are amazing! This day trip is full of great surprises and I really think it's the guide, Shane, who makes the day stand out from all the rest of the tours in the Auckland region. The other thing that struck me was the value for money... I looked at other tours to the Waitakere Ranges and they were charging the same money for only a half day trip and I could guarantee the day wouldn't have been as good. I only wish I could let more people know about this particular tour because if you haven't been on it, you're really missing out on something great :-)

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jubesss
“Best tour guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We took a day trip in Aug. 2011 with Shane and it was incredible. His enthusiasm for New Zealand and travel was infectious. This wasn't your typical tour, it was personal and we moved at our own pace. It felt like we were visiting with an old friend. Shane showed us local spots where he used to enjoy the ranges as a kid. We told him that we were vegetarians ahead of time and his wife packed us the most delicious picnic. This is a must for backpackers and families.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful tour, worth the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were on our honeymoon from the US visiting NZ for just a few days. The tour took us to places we never would have found. The guide was very knowledgable and we had a fantastic time.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank jennie c
Singapore
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“My Best Travel Experience in New Zealand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

What I appreciate about this tour, firstly, is its customer-centric approach. Despite me being the only person who signed up for the tour on that day, the guide, Shane, did not cancel the tour. This gesture, in my view, reveals a lot about the company's business philosophy: that a fat profit margin is not the be-all and end-all.

During the tour, Shane came across as a sincere, earnest, and honest person. In my conversations with him, I could also sense his love for and knowledge of Waitakere where he was born and grew up in. Doubtless, you will find yourself enjoying Shane's company both as a guide and person.

Next, I really like the itinerary of the tour. The places of nature that Shane brought me to really struck a chord in me and pulled at my heartstrings; it was, indeed, a beautiful and surreal experience—one that is as good, if not better, than the one I had at Waitomo Caves: watching glow worms shine like they were stars in the night sky.

Overall, I would highly recommend this tour to my fellow budget travellers—you won’t regret it. =)

Visited December 2011