“love this place”

Sal's Authentic New York Pizza
Ranked #126 of 2,257 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast Food
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We've had the good fortune of being made privy to a legendary pizzamaker's secret family recipe and have spent years perfecting Salvatore Leo's well guarded pizza making techniques. We are proud to serve you AUTHENTIC New York Pizza...
Auckland, New Zealand
“love this place”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I go here whenever I get the chance its the best pizza I ever had, the meatball pizza is something I spend a lot of time thinking about, having never been to NYC I feel this is the closest I am ever going to get to trying an authentic NYC pizza. The pizzas are huge too!! Really great value. Definitely give it a try if you are in the area.

Visited August 2014

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Best Pizza!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We went to the K Road Sals on Friday night of our visit and ended up coming here the next night also. The pizzas are amazing, we ordered a whole one of half chicken and half sausage and was blown away by the size and ended up forcing ourselves to eat as much of it as we possibly could and ended up leaving one piece intact. Washed it down with a huge pitcher of beer and cider each, we literally had to take a cab back to our hotel which was a 5 minute walk away. Needless to say our night didn't get too romantic after that as we both went straight to sleep, full and satisfied. The next night we learnt to buy by the slice so had 2 & 3 slices each respectively with the same amount of beer and cider and left happy. Everything about their pizza was delicious. Next time we will have to try the wings I've been hearing so much about. Someone should open one of these stores in Christchurch, it would make a KILLING! Will definitely be back, with fat pants on!

• Visited August 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Good if you like NY style instead of Italian style”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This pizza isn't really for me. It's proper NY style in that there's loads of cheese and loads of grease. Some people love that so you can't knock it. However, I prefer Italian style pizzas that are very thin, very crispy and very simple with fresh and quality ingredients. That's the complete opposite of Sal's.

• Visited July 2014
“Best NY pizza pie outside BigApple!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I've had the chance to sample many of NY's finest pizza offerings, being half-American and my family is from there, and I can honestly say this is the best NY style pizza I have ever found outside of Manhattan itself!

Fantastic cheese, perfect amount of Marianna sauce and a base/crust that is as good as you're gonna get without that secret ingredient (good old NYC tap water)!

Sal's itself is a comfortable little place which fits the NY vibe without being too OTT on the American front.

Highly recommended for pizza aficionados!

Kaiwaka, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUM!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I love Sal's pizza. It tastes like the real American deal. The buffalo wings with blue cheese dressing are AMAZING, too! I always try and get my fix when I'm in Auckland. All that's missing is the snapple and rootbeer! =)

Visited July 2014