“Excellent Appartment Style Hotel”

Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel
Bondi, Australia
“Excellent Appartment Style Hotel”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed one night while in on business in Auckland. Check in was great. The women who was on reception was outstanding! Her attention to detail, service standards and ability to manage multiple people at once was outstanding. Ive stayed in 5 star hotels in large cities where the front desk staff weren't that good!
Check in was fast and effcient hower no bell hop to take bags up which was difficult. Normally this isnt a problem but as I had a car and the parking to the rear of the hotel was full I had to 'double park' in driveway next to hotel to check in and unload. Then drive to a Wilson public car park up the road (approx 80m) and then return to take my bags to the room.
Wasnt to happy about this, as my bags were left in reception and additionally I was charged by the hotel for a public car park that I had to walk up the road to !
The room was excellent however, I was on top floor overlooking the harbour and port of Auckland. Great balcony and view. Room was large, good size living room, bedroom and second room with fold out couch. Room would have sleep 4 and for the price / location I dont think you'll find better in CBD Auckland. Big soft bed, tidy and clean room. The room had a kitchen and therefore I was able to drive to the local supermarket (approx 2mins by car) and cook myself a home cook dinner. As all utensils / pots / pans etc are all available.
Even though there was a linkin park concert on the night of my stay the hotel was quiet and the concert attending patrons were very well managed.
Will stay again / recommend.

Room Tip: Go for a high room to avoid the road noise Perhaps try to book a car space or advise them you will...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 10 days and we enjoyed every minute. The 2-bedroom apartment we booked was spacious, clean, and had everything we needed for our stay. We had a wonderful view of Viaduct Harbor and Queen Street was just a walk away. The fire alarm went off on our last night there and everyone had to be evacuated. A very memorable experience I must say. Thank you to the staff for being so professional and helpful. Overall, an amazing place for a great price. Next time my family plans a visit to New Zealand we would definitely stay at Celestion Waldorf again:)

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ianeta684
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Overall first impressions is really good, provide what it promess and great people to deal with. Is economical and delivers a good experience to this small city. Is central and you can walk your way around.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
wellington
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were 4 girls in a 2bdrm family apartment and all enjoyed our stay.
Our room was modern, clean with a large balcony with a nice view over britomart.
the location is excellent with plenty of great restaurants and bars within walking distance.
Hotel staff were all very helpful and the bonus being a $35 taxi service from hotel to airport.
Great value for money hotel and would highly recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: Go higher for the balcony and view of britomart and the sea
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Over all was impressed with the Hotel & the service. Nice big spacious room. Handy having the Indian place downstairs. Only downside was the lift, a second lift would be ideal as there was always a wait for it & not much room to unload my bags into the small corridors/felt like i was in someones way waiting with my bags to get in the lift. Overall though, would stay here again. Thanks

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Broken Hill, Australia
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We arrived late at night and were a bit apprehensive when we stepped out of the lift and saw cement walls. When we stepped into our two bedroom apartment we very happily surprised.
The apartment had a balcony with very good views considering the price we paid, it was only two blocks from the viaduct and was only a short work to coffee shops pizza etc. also close to general store money exchange and bottle shop.
The apartment had everything we required for our two nights in Auckland.

Room Tip: Great location.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
invercargill
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Although this is an older building, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. I love the Art Deco style. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Great location, really close to the Vecta Arena.
I would definitely stay there again.
The room was very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family