“hot platter for two on Valentines night”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Degree Restaurant

Degree Restaurant
Ranked #293 of 2,227 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Bar, Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is on Viaduct Harbour
Dale, Pembrokeshire UK
“hot platter for two on Valentines night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

great waiters - really cared for your experience and were honest when asked about whatto choose from the menu. nice red roses, great position, good meat on the hot tile - museels nicebut skow to open.

• Visited February 2013

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Normally I do not dine at this type of restaurants but it was booked by someone else so decided to give it a try anyway. On the table I noticed they were promoting tropical themed cocktails at $12.50 per glass!! The girls ordered one each and seemed to enjoy them while the boys went for the trusted Heineken which down a treat on a very warm day. Food arrived promptly but while being reasonably priced, the portions are small. I ordered the Harissa Lamb which consisted of marinated cubed lamb arranged on three skewers. The hot stone then cooks the lamb quickly but you have to be careful not to overcook your meat as the stone stays very hot for a long time. Lamb was tasty and so was the salad but the tummy wanted more so we ordered desserts which were very good. If ordering food with a hot stone, you have to be careful and for sure do not order this if you have children with you. The restaurant converts to a club after everyone has dined.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Getting asked if I’m from Mt Olympus”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

-After a few quite drinks at doolans we leave to go to degree with our new Brazilian shawties and philipe (their friend?). Only for them to not come in as there is a strong cover charge.
-Arrive Degree after trying to hustle the girl who was collecting entry fee, head straight onto D floor. Packed house.busy as.
-disregard bar as already fairly tipsy. *Edit get beer from the bar
-start to aquire outrageous dance moves, very much in a zero farks given mood, shirt is about three buttons deep at this stage.
-see the one long pipe that is coming from the ceiling of the dancefloor (good for toestobar, chins, pull ups); tell my mate/wingman to hold my beer. Perform five reps of wide grip pull ups.. much to the amusement of the punters.
-Two or three other punters follow suit incl wingman who does several chins without being caught by bouners. Shuffle along d floor as don’t want to be caught by bouncers for seid antics.
- Start doing epic fist pumps and swoldiernation dance moves; getting asked if I’m from Mt Olympus srs. Can confirm i am owning dat d-floor; people can’t see me at this point
- go upstairs as need to shoot some hoops; see the female bouncer that does not like me. UWOTM8 her and walk into gents.
- female walks into gents; aquire hug kiss, and happy new year to her. She leaves. Tell every gent in there how much of a bish that alpha female bouncer is. Everyone agrees. Getting reps from gents as well as dude with phunky hair style.
-Go to upstairs bar; prob have unbuttoned one more button at this point. Request water from bar tender (hydration is number 1). Gaze over the top balcony looking down on d-floor only after I chat to a group of girls sitting by themselves.
- Am joined by my mate/wingman; both get a beer or jaeger bomb (can’t remember) from cute bar tender. Start to try to chat to her; start asking her on dates several times; find out she is German isthisreallife?; she doesn’t give in to my persistence in which I am amazed. Strongwhiteknight/10; did make her laugh though which made me smile. Also get free drink from random dude.
- sit down where our other mates have joined us. Shirt is now fully unbuttoned as it is very hot.
- all at the table; and then suddenly indian bouncer whos jimmies are rustled– comes over and is not impressed. Starts making storm in a tee cup. Next thing the female bouncer is over is telling us we are getting kicked out and to wait here. At this point I get up to leave as don’t want to cause a scene. (this is new and exciting for me) Apparently mate threw a cushion over his head on to the d-floor and female bouncer accusing me of throwing glasses a people or something. Mate is shuffed to the couch by bouncer lol. As swiftly walking down stairs when two bouncers are walking up stairs; they turn and go after me. And caught in the middle of the d-floor. Told bouncers I would walk out (more for their own safety). One tried to manhandle me but he was a manlet and didn’t even lift. I walked out and moved on to soul bar.. thinking to myself WTF just happened.

2 Thank Jimmy R
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Degree Rocks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We ate here on the first and on the last day of our holiday - as it was so good we went back there. Huge choice of food on the menu and it turned out to be excellent food and very good value e.g. $18 for large pulled pork quesadilla. Mixed grill on the hot stone was great too. Location lovely, and the service was FAST and PROFESSIONAL which you don't often get in NZ in our recent experience. We want to eat there again. As a short person I'd have to say the seats are a TINY bit low though.

Sydney
“Great vibe and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

We enjoyed your meal here very much. The place is noisy (but not too much) and great for people watching. The service was excellent. The waiters were helpful, friendly and efficient. There's quite an extensive menu - something for every one. My wife loved her curry as I did my fish. They have a specialty of hot rock food which looked like fun. It didn't seem expensive to me. Would definitely go back for casual dining.

• Visited December 2012