“Overpriced for quality of food”
Review of Gee Gee's - CLOSED

Gee Gee's
Cuisines: Armenian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Real city address is Epsom, but I did not see any restaurant listing in Epsom.
Sydney, Australia
“Overpriced for quality of food”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We walked in on a Fri night to a packed restaurant and great smells. Both my companion and I ordered a salad for dinner which we're underwhelming for the $21 NZD price. Mine was vegetarian and consisted of iceberg lettuce smothered in creamy mayo, cubed beetroot (tinned?), tinned chickpeas, feta and not much else. For desert, we shared a Bombe Alaska which sadly had a covering of undercooked meringue. A pity, as lovely ambience and friendly staff.

Visited February 2014

London
“Shixhole”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Terrible restaurant with overpriced food and arogant staff. We stayed in near by hotel and tried this place one evening. This so called restaurant was totally empty. Despite being empty we were waiting for ages to be aproached by a waiter. He behaved unprofesionally and couldn't recommend a single dish to us. Cuttleries and glasses were dirty. Food was cold, smelled nasty. We left straight away and refused to pay. Arogant owner didn't apologize at all. Never again.

• Visited October 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great meal”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Pricy but worth it. We were amused, on asking the waitress how the fish was prepared and she asked if I wanted it medium or rare! We discovered she was from Colombia and had only been in NZ for a couple of week, but she was really delightful and we enjoyed getting to know he.r

Visited January 2014
Kaitaia, New Zealand
“Pleasant meal”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We walked from a nearby motel & were seated promptly. The service was very good. I feel that the meal was not as good as it might have been. We were offered garlic bread as a starter, which was pita bread with a butter & garlic topping. As we had a late lunch I ordered a small pizza which was a pita bread with a cheese/tomato/olive topping.

Visited September 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great ambience and food!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had a lovely meal on a Friday night with a friend and a couple of quiet beers. Friendly staff who i think were the owners , very personal and accomodating. I was from out of town and wanted to watch the rugby (semi-final) while dining and their was a tv in the corner - dont worry folks not a sports bar , I ask if they could turn on to the rugby we were the only ones that requested and did not interrupt the other diners. The seafood chowder was great and the variety of pizza that we chose from was just what we were looking for, great selection of beers and a great night to cath up with my friend. Thank-you Gee Gees!

• Visited July 2013