“Ummm, wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of SidArt

SidArt
Ranked #2 of 2,225 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: International, European, New Zealand
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: METRO BEST NEW RESTAURANT 2010SIDART Restaurant is a fine dining restaurant located in the Three Lamps Plaza, 283 Ponsonby Road, Ponsonby, Auckland. We are open Tuesday to Saturday for dinner from 6pm and Friday's for lunch. We are closed on Sundays and Mondays.
Lennox Head, Australia
“Ummm, wow!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent food, great wait staff, well worth a visit. Sure, it is a bit nouvelle/avant-garde experimental in parts but this is a chef of immense talent who does not stray too far from the conventional palate even though he does some unusual ingredient matching. I hate sweets and was not looking forward to having to eat two or three but enjoyed these the most of the meal. A truly exceptional talent. The Auckland crew truly are punching above their weight in so many respects. Thanks Mr. Art!!

1 Thank JannyMouse

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland, New Zealand
“Nice but a bit too hyped up”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Took my partner here for dinner after having heard so much about it. Cute space upstairs in Three Lamps. We were seated by the window which had a pleasant view, with lovely staff. The food rolled out super fast, as soon as we had finished a mouthful the plate was whisked away and the next one appeared promptly, a little too fast for me!

Most of the dishes I quite liked, generous with the core ingredient usually, for a degustation. Beautiful wine menu. Presentation of the food cannot be flawed. However, none of the dishes were that 'wow', they didn't hit the nail on the head. In our opinions the dishes were overcomplicated, too many different components and flavours going on an they seriously need to take a step back from the foam gun. Foam was on the majority of our dishes, novel at first, but after the third or fourth it was none to death. I understand what they are trying to do with the whole creative food movement but I think the menu changing weekly sacrifices the perfection other fine dining restaurants are able to achieve by doing less components but perfecting each one. Left a little underwhelmed. My favourite in the area is still Vinnies down on Jervois Road. But overall still a nice experience with talented chefs.

Visited April 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Outstanding”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Had the 5 course degustation with matching wines, absolutely brilliant! Every course was great with a mixture of flavours and cooking techniques. The service was brilliant. Can’t fault anything. And they gave us a few macaroons to take home as well.

Auckland, New Zealand
“Over rated”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I have to admit upfront that while I like fine dining I am not a huge fan of foams and soils...if you love a good foam then you will probably like this place. I found the food consistently under seasoned, sometimes cold and just trying way way too hard. It was kind of pleasant with moments of brilliance but for me I would probably not go back. The wine matching was borderline terrible, but that may just be that I have boring tastes I guess. Wait staff brilliant however and it is a nice environment with beautiful views

4 Thank Andrew C
Auckland
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Service was amazing, probably the best ever. Knowledgeable, attentive, perfect timing. Made the difference!