“Casual Style By The Sea”

Takapuna Beach Cafe
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Great location that impresses. Excellent food, good friendly service, and a pleasant unhurried atmosphere.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

As a local I really should keep this place to myself! I regularly walk the beach with my dog and friends join us for coffee on the deck. Whenever I have overseas guests we sit in the only beachside cafe in Auckland to enjoy the view of Rangitoto and the water sporting activity - on windy days there are surfers and energetic kite-boarders while calm days see swimmers and awkward paddleboarders. Breakfast or lunch menus offer delicious choices and the juice and variety teas are a wonderful alternative to the ubiquitous coffee. But now that I've told you, save me a seat!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Best location in Auckland (if you love beaches). Fresh food and fresh air. It's a stop I make every time I'm in Auckland.

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

This is the only cafe on takapuna beach and it has the prime position. Busy at weekends but plenty of space during the week to sit back and enjoy the view.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I always stop here on my walks along the beach. Personally I think this is one of the best cafes on the shore. Excellent food, service and views. Plus the ice-cream here is simply AMAZING as they offer unique flavors exclusive to the cafe.

Not only that but they also offer freshly squeeze orange juice that is often overlooked due to the amazing ice-cream. I highly recommend you grab a cup of the orange juice if you ever come visting here. Perfect on a hot day.

Tucked away nicely infront of a beach, it is conveniently located and you will find plenty of car parks along the front.