“Yummy Food with a Great View”

Takapuna Beach Cafe
Ranked #2 of 67 Coffee & Tea in Auckland
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Yummy Food with a Great View”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stopped down for breakfast on a busy Saturday morning and was lucky to get a table right away. As busy as it was, I did not lack service. The Eggs Benedict and Flat White were perfect. I watched people park their pooches by provided water dishes. If only I had a place like this in the US, I'd be there every morning. Afterwards I walked off my meal on the long beach.

Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Littleborough, United Kingdom
“Great cafe experience”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

If you want a cafe with a view this it. Sure its not dramatic and wow but its Palm and Pohutakawa trees and beach work for me. Just off the beach it could not be any more convenient.

Food quality is excellent, pancakes and eggs benedict are personal favourites. The smoothies are exceptional and the cakes to do for!

Service is very attentive and very helpful. Sure its not cheap but hey - you get what you pay for!

Enjoy

• Visited December 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Gelato was the best we have ever tasted.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Takapuna Beach cafe was a lovely venue to sit and have lunch. The best part of the meal was the gelato - it was the best we have ever tasted.

• Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Location Location Location”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

There is only one gripe that I have about Takapuna Beach Cafe and that is that is the price point and that it's not always easy to get a space in here.
The menu is nice and I'm always surprised by the quality of food that arrives. The service is OK, not great and you will need to summon the waitresses, but they are always pleasant. I would still recommend this place, but it would be nice if they took bookings.

Visited April 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
“Very Good, but Pricy Breakfast”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We enjoyed a very good breakfast at the Takapuna Beach Cafe. My wife enjoyed the mountain-ful pancakes with bacon, almond butter, and lemon cream, which were excellent. I enjoyed the eggs benedict with portebello mushroom, which were very well done. Service was very good - attentive and friendly.

The only criticism is that the menu was a bit expensive for breakfast (rivaling dinner prices), although we learned that breakfast in many parts of NZ tend to be more expensive than in North America.

• Visited November 2012