“Real Neapolitan pizza in Auckland”
Review of That's Amore

That's Amore
Ranked #95 of 2,372 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I went here with my daughter and son-in-law for a belated birthday dinner - they had been there the week before for the actual birthday. Our young Italian waiter made the dining experience a real pleasure, and the pizzas (three of us shared two medium sized ones) were just wonderful. Yes, they do do Hawaiian, though you might get a rather scathing look if you order that. But real Italian pizza, with relatively simple flavour combinations, is so much better. We treated ourselves to truffle oil, a flavour I've not had before - intriguing, a delicate aromatic spice sensation, definitely worth repeating. The only downer was that we missed out on the tiramisu - they only make small quantities. A tip is to order your tiramisu when you make your booking.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We just wanted a light dinner on arrival in Auckland and this fitted the bill. Their pizzas are fabulous - nice thin crusts and real Italian type pizza. Great service. Would recommend.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

It is disappointing to see that there are three very bad reviews but I assume that since those are from 2012 something has definitely changed now. This place had the BEST pizza I have eaten in New Zealand and many european countries. The dough is simply spectacular! I had the pizza with parma ham, rocket etc and it was simply divine! The location is a bit of a downer but the place inside is quirky and a complete gem. If you are craving good pizza, go to this place! I can guarantee you will not be disappointed! Cant wait to go there again.. simply mouth watering

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I first came here on a date back in 2010, and have been back every year since then.

With Italian staff, their beautiful accents add to the atmosphere, which is a cosy, darkened, hidden gem in the middle of central Auckland, old style Italian music playing, 40's-60's movie star posters on the walls, and the smell as you walk in are divine. The pizza is to die for, and what seems like hundreds of toppings to chose from, including calzone options, gnocchi and salads. The prices are average, for 2 of us to eat a large pizza, a small pizza, gnocchi and a bottle of wine was $50-$60. This last time I went they got our order wrong, but we honestly didn't care because what we were given was still amazing!! And we were given a 20% discount.

A couple of nice wines to chose from, plus the usual beers and soda. They also offer to have you photo taken to put on their Facebook wall, a really cool touch so all of my visits have been well documented!

I love That's Amore and will continue coming here forever.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Quite small Restaurant, but don't let that put you off. Terrific service and marvelous Pizza's, home made gnocchi also worth trying. You won't be disappointed either with the hand made Gelato and Tiramisu. All in all a really enjoyable meal. A local Gem.