“Beats the big chains”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Chicago, Illinois
“Beats the big chains”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

These guys are big into recycling. As far as I could tell, the containers may make it to the trash bin, but most of the food is chomped down by the customers prior to the food flap. The oversized bun was really fresh. We don't get this type of fresh taste in the big American chains. Only down-side was that they plopped on extra unwanted stuff, when we ordered a plain burger for our fickle kids.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Quantity, not quality”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I ate at the Burger Fuel next to the Auckland Civic Centre. Strangely, it is surrounded by other burger establishments such as Burger King and Carls Jnr. Burger Fuel seems to be aimed at the higher-priced, gourmet burger market (if such a market actually exists).

I went the whole hog and had the burger with the slightly profane B* name, which had exotic ingredients such as mango and beetroot. Unfortunately, the whole thing fell apart and was difficult to eat -- it was too thick to hold with the supplied cardboard "doofer".

I also had the kumara fries, but they felt quite "heavy" going down.

In the end, I still felt that my $18 meal was just Fast Food.

Visited July 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
“Favourite Burger & Fries takeaways”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Burger Fuel is by FAR my favourite Burger and fries takeaway option. Actually it is one of my favourite takeaways hands down. You know exactly what you are getting. They are consistent and always tasty. Fresh ingredients, generous sized burgers and the spud fries with aioli are to die for! Great selection of beef, chicken, seafood and vegetarian burgers. Regular sized and "lightweight" or smaller burgers.
I have tried dozens of stores in this franchise and I would have to say the new Manukau store beside Countdown is THE BEST which is lucky as it happens to be my store of choice for convenient takeaways on the way home from the gym. Lovely staff and always good, delicious, well made burgers.
My top picks are the "B****** burger" if you are super hungry, and the "Bacon backfire" for regular appetite.
You won't be disappointed!

Auckland New Zealand
“Ponsonby Road store is not great”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is about the Ponsonby Road store. The husband and I went there after a long day out to get a quick burger. The counter staff were over the top friendly and they didn't explain the way the orders work well enough. I ordered one of the small burgers and the husband ordered a standard beef burger. Then we were asked if we wanted beetroot, bacon and/or cheese with the burgers. Ok, maybe the alarm bells should have rung here, but aren't those things generally standard? Especially the cheese. When we got the cost we were astounded. $2 for EACH of the so called extras. Outrageous. 2 tiny bits of tinned beetroot, a tiny bit of cheese and a small "rasher" of bacon for $6! The beetroot was only on 1 burger and the bacon on the other. Cheese with both. I tell you, without the cheese what else would there be? The fries were soggy and not particulary nice and when the burgers finally arrived they were definitely not worth the price we paid.. It also took far too long to produce these burgers. We were waiting for at least 10 minutes. While there was a steady stream of mid-week diners, it was not busy. I really could not recommend this particular branch at all. I can only assume that the other branches are run in a similar manner as they are a chain. If that is the case I will never try them. Once is bad enough.

1 Thank isiscatnz
“It's more than hamburgers”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went to Burger Fuel on a recommendation from someone I met in Christchurch and I was not disappointed. The Cheeseburger I had was very good. But when I returned the second time I tried the Chicken Sandwich with cheese and bacon......Oh Yum! The burger was good but the Chicken sandwich could be the best chicken sandwich I've ever had. I have also been told that their Lamb burger is good too....might have to go back a third time to find out.