“Memories of Auckland's Surrounds that I will Never Forget” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Piha Beach and Rainforest Day Tour
Ranked #17 of 125 Outdoor Activities in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: If you want a fun day out with a real local tour guide we are the one to look after you.We only take small groups out and each day is never the same as the day before,we go further and fit more into the day than anyone else leaving you wanting more but also going at your pace.Our tours are for anyone who likes a little adventure, a BIG thankyou for all the wonderful feedback we really enjoy our days out with you.We would love to show you my favorite places :)
Melbourne, Australia
“Memories of Auckland's Surrounds that I will Never Forget”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Picked up bang on time from my Hotel by Alan the tour group leader (Terry was sick that day). Little did I know that the trip ahead was going to blow me away. Before the trip I hadn't ventured out of Auckland. This trip took us only a short journey out to explore the wild side and beauty of the surrounds. Alan was an awesome bloke, selfless, chilled out, new his sports inside out and a good laugh. The weather was as expected for the time of year overcast, cool and wet. It did little to dampen my spirits. The views were amazing. The lunch break introduced me to the lesser known pie store on the shore line of the wots. There we ate delicious toasted sandwiches, munched on homemade NZ pies downed with Lemon & Paeroa soft drink. All in the company of a local kiwi who owned the shop who had a fair tale to tell. The surf over on the east side of Auckland was mezmorizing. Alan didn't disappoint with his tales of local nature. We managed to catch a glimpse and the large and dosile wood pigeon (a rarity Alan informed me). Alan kindly dropped me off at the airport. The end to amazing day!

Visited June 2012

Rochester, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome in every possible way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

I did the day tour with Allan in May 2012, and it was beyond spectacular - a very well arranged and densely packed day; we saw several attractions and sights in Auckland, and spent most of the day hiking, visiting pristine beaches and beautiful rainforests. Allan provided a unique insight not only in how breathtakingly beautiful New Zealand really is, but also helped me understand the culture, history and traditions of this wonderful country. If you only have one day to get a thorough introduction to Auckland and the natural beauty that surrounds it, look no further! You simply can't go wrong with Absolute Tours. It truly is "absolute"!

Visited May 2012
Auckland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Day Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

What a wonderful day out. Fanastic scenery, lovely views, and great exercise. Couldnt recomment the trip more. Found the whole experience very rewarding, thanks heaps Terry. All the best Allan

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Darrell L
Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great One Day Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

It was a great adventure for a day. Terry took us to his favourite places like Piha Beach, Waitakere Ranges Regional Park, Waterfall and others, show us around it. Even position us where to take awesome pictures. Terry also took us to a small shop selling very nice meat pie in Piha Beach. To enjoy all these, you need to wear comfortable clothes and shoes for a long hike. And most important, your camera for taking awesome pictures. Terry will guide you and help you a lot. He's really a good guy, he even dropped us to our next accomodation close to the airport. Thank you Terry for your kindness!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Wilfredo C
Nyon, Switzerland
“Great to see the real New Zealand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

It was a great tour, you get to see a lot within a day.
You don't just stick to the path which makes the tour that much more of an adventure! The only downfall is that I found it a little pricey.

Visited March 2012