“Lovely Ice cream”

Ranked #1 of 71 Dessert in Auckland Central
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: A New Zealand Experience, Imaginative Ice Creams, World Class Service In The Heart of Auckland City.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

When I first went there it was awesome, I have picture of my Ice cream from this shop for years to be my picture of my applications. creative and lovely people working there. the last time i went which is just two weeks ago, The gay who served us was not even happy. Forget the smile, i'd say it looked annoyed when we ordered the ice cream. :( sad really... but i still enjoy the ice cream

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Write a ReviewReviews (2,407)

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I am generally disciplined in not going over the top with ice cream. But honestly, having a Giapo icecream is one of my simple plesures in life. Yes, yes, its much better than the gelatos I had in Italy and I mean it. Part of the Giapo experience is to see your treat being dressed up as its simply not just naked ice-cream. Its dressed up for a ball and every lick and mouthful become a sheer lingering delight. I usually go for the tiramisu. Hint: dont simply go on what you see in the cabinet as its visually sensual when you see it being tarted up , perhaps with rose petals, chocky bits, a tiny profiterole with a smooth chocky heart..... I love it. Hint: sitting space is limited. Get your treat and then get down to the Imax Mall on your right ( when you leave the shop) . Lots of seats and space there. Was this helpful? If yep, then please click :"yes" so I know that you will go "Yay!! Giapo Gelato, Better than all the Rest!! :)))

1  Thank Ricc0
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I came here every day I was in Auckland, it was better than the gelato I had in Italy, the chocolate sorbet and the coconut sorbet were amazing. My mouth is watering now just thinking about it.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The best of all worlds in a serving of ice cream fantasy.
We're regulars, but are still amazed every time they bring out a new flavour.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Expensive, tricky cup size..but money spent well worth the essence of Gelato Ice cream invented in Giapo Ice Cream.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant