“Highly recommend”

El Faro
Ranked #140 of 2,344 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: El Faro is a Spanish inspired restaurant and tapas bar with an intimate and rather eclectic atmosphere.The owners of El Faro have had a love of Spain and it's people and have a passion for getting back to basics with food and a strong belief in sustainable natural farming, local produce and wild meats, they use the best possible ingredients to put together his ever changing blackboard tapas menuWhether it is a quick pre theatre meal, romantic dinner or letting your hair down, you will love the mojitos caipirinhas sangria Spanish wines, beer & funky music.
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited for dinner and tried 4 tapas off the menu and we were both amazed with each dish! My two favourites was the slow cooked pork and butter beans with chorizo. Also loved the atmosphere at Elliot Street Stables. Would be coming back!

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We were brought here at the start of our NZ trip and the food, atmosphere and staff were so good we came back just before we fly home. The mussels are delicious, large, juicy, don't think I've ever tasted better.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I would like to thank Mark and his team for a wonderful meal. I was traveling on my own and the service was friendly, but more importantly the meal was fantastic. The Fried Chicken Con Ajillo was the best tapas meal I have ever had in my life. So good that I asked for the recipe and Mark gave me a full menu.

Thanks for a terrific meal.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

On Saturday 1 March 2014 we used the private room at El Faro for a Hens Night. We paid a very, very reasonable cost per head and had a fabulous time.

The tapas were plentiful and DELISH (especially the chicken nibbles, bruschetta and chorizo beans) and the Sangria was also very tasty.

Great venue!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Fantastic meal and the owner was really helpful at explaining the menu and recommending the best dishes. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal