“Amazballs”

El Faro
Ranked #140 of 2,358 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: El Faro is a Spanish inspired restaurant and tapas bar with an intimate and rather eclectic atmosphere.The owners of El Faro have had a love of Spain and it's people and have a passion for getting back to basics with food and a strong belief in sustainable natural farming, local produce and wild meats, they use the best possible ingredients to put together his ever changing blackboard tapas menuWhether it is a quick pre theatre meal, romantic dinner or letting your hair down, you will love the mojitos caipirinhas sangria Spanish wines, beer & funky music.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Holidaying from sydney we were referred here by our hotel for a great meal, and we weren't disappointed.

Dined here on a Thursday night, loved the mussels and stuffed squid. Service was great and really informative about the dishes and the way it was cooked, Jamon on croute and white anchovies yum, great way to start any meal, white beens slowly braise with chorizo moorish, price point was fantastic also, my partner and I shared around 8 dishes and a carafe of tasty sangria and we still walked away with change from $100, was also notified about the Friday lunch paella and went back the following day for it.

We were very happy to find one of Auckland little gems 10/10 from us

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic.. Thanks so much for looking after us again! Tops.. C u soon :-) :-) love sherry, clams and atmosphere, excellent

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Loved the Paella on Fridays - so tasty and generous portions. The staff are great at this place, so friendly and helpful - very attentive. Might have to make it a regular Friday lunch spot!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have been going to El Faro since they opened a few years... I have always been impressed with their food.... but I have tried their Paella for the first time today.... and wow...I was very impressed... I have Paella a lot in the past.. but I must admit...this was the best Paella I have ever had!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Just loved this place, great atmosphere and beautiful food. We are always a bit nervous heading out with a young family but the staff and owners were super accommodating and able to adapt the menu a little bit. I am addicted to the melt in your mouth date tapas and the beautiful churros. Super friendly restaurant in a super setting. We will be back!