“Great night's tour”

and up
Auckland City Ghost Tour
Ranked #38 of 167 Tours in Auckland Central
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn The Authentic Stories Of The Macabre And Bizarre ,As You Are Led By Your Ghost Walker On A Lantern-Lit Walking Tour Around The Most Historic Streets In Auckland City."Come Along ....If You Dare "
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Trailing through the cold, darkened back streets of Auckland guided by a dark & mysterious man dressed in black, carrying a dim lantern and an old beat up Doctor's bag who revealed to us some strange & bizarre stories about the long history of Auckland certainly beats the plain vanilla history stories that your average bus tour operator will give you. All of my family were entertained and thrilled by the knowledge that was imparted quite freely during our two hour walk.

2  Thank meincranbourne
There are newer reviews for Auckland Ghost Tours

Reviewed August 30, 2010

HIGHLY recommend this tour.

It was exactly what I was looking for. I agree, there was a great deal of crime stories but I still loved it. Hearing about the alley way with the multiple murders ... and "oh hey, that's a great steak house right there." Lol!

I think my favorite aspect, was that there were all these dark stories and spirits in these areas I had walked by tons of times! One thing that was really spooky was days earlier my GF and I were walking passed this one block that had adult entertainment and weird, evil sounding names for stores. I said to her, "wow I get a bad vibe off of this place." Come to find out, it's part of the Evil Triangle where a random man was stabbed to death by an angry boyfriend. And where people know it's an evil place but they remain silent about it ....

Love it.
Great price.
Easy to do.
Great guide.
... I would love to have more!

2  Thank David E
Reviewed August 4, 2010

If you really want to know the history of Auckland, take a ghost tour where you not only are introduced to the background of the city, but are given the seedy details of another reality.

The tour begins when the ghost tour guide appears out of nowhere at the Britomart. As you start walking, absorbing the bustling atmosphere of the waterfront, the guide helps you to visualize the sights of another time and place. You sense an alternate reality that parallels what you see before you.

This was one of my favorite attractions during our visit.

2  Thank katiejbb
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed this trip, it wasn't scary or wildly exaggerated but rather an insight into the layers that makes a city and its residence. Cleverly woven together, the guide documents the facts and leaves you to ponder whether justice was served or the various matters closed -( then, now and into the future). To actually walk the streets, view the sites and hear the tales has given me a new appreciation for Auckland. Anthony is a gifted story teller and I would highly recommend his tours.

1  Thank StormGoldCoast
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Excellent tour. Tour Guide knew what he was talking about. Unfotunately only a reletively short history in Auckland, but a lot has happened!!!! Would recommend.

2  Thank Manxie1981