“Still slapping my head and wondering...”

Jungle Flavor Thai Restaurant
Ranked #1,251 of 2,403 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At our place you will experience the authentic Thai food with a very fair price. In our restaurant you will see the 3 meters water fall and other plants decorations which make you really feel in the Jungle! We love to people to feel our theme and taste our food! This restaurant is fully licensed, and BYO always welcome. There are plenty of free car parks outside on the road, only about 10 minutes drive from Auckland downtown! We are looking forward to see you in Jungle Flavor Thai Restaurant.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

These people are taking Kiwi's for idiots probably as they think most NZers don't know 'real' Thai food. I DO! The food was average, less than I cook at home...so disappointing. It was turned out like takeaway food. Our bottle of wine was put on the table with cap on to serve ourselves. We asked to take our remaining food home and literally got scorned at then the containers thrown at us to pack ourselves. Never, ever will I go there again. My romantic evening ruined.
Big mistake for this restaurant as they will lose business of our bad treatment.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

The atmosphere was good
Nice staff
Entree was good which was satay chicken
The pad thai was disappointing the noodle was over cooked and too soft. Too strongly flavored.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I read a few of the previous reviews and went along for a meal for 3 today. We left the moneybags alone because of previous reviews but had the curry puffs for entree, a dish we shared.
I had the larb chicken for a main and the other mains were chicken Penang and chicken and cashews. Naturally we shared with each other.
All dishes were large and very tasty and received unanimous approval from all diners.
No, I am not a shareholder in the business or a relation of any kind to anyone associated with it. I would give this restaurant 10 out of 10 but that would be unreasonable so let's go with 9.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

we returned once again last night to Jungle Flavour. The entrees were good - apart from the money bags being a bit overdone. The Larb is very good - some say the best they have tasted. We also had a penang curry, a seafood and another which I'm afraid I forget. They were all excellent.

The service was attentive. We also like that we can take our own wine.

One downside was that they seem to no longer be doing the hot towels - which were much appreciated.

If you want a reliable Thai you can't go wrong with Jungle Flavour... we will return and recommend you try it too...

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Went with a Voucher for entrees, mains, rice and a bottle of wine. The food was very tasty, a good mix of spices and good portion sizes. The entree was the chiefs platter with curry puffs spring rolls and money bags, again very good the only small thing was the money bags a little over cooked. It was good value for money the only little thing was the bottle of wine was only a small bottle holding about 2 glasses of wine not the standard full size bottle. But it was still good value, the staff were nice and smiled often.We enjoyed our meal and would go back.