“very nice modern accommodation”

Waldorf St. Martins Apartment Hotel
New York City, New York
“very nice modern accommodation”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

nice modern accommodation in a great auckland city place.spacious 2 bedroom apartment with good view.nice on site reception staff. good and free internet and free breakfast. one of the best deals in town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Waldorf_APTS_NZ, Manager at Waldorf St. Martins Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
60763Guydale. Thank you for your positive review of St Martins and we are pleased that you liked the package deal that you bought for your stay. We look forward to seing you in the future

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I got the Surf and Stay package which led to the absurd situation where a 2 bedroom apartment was cheaper than a 1 bedroom. As it turned out the apartment even with 2 bedrooms was fairly cramped. The furniture didn't fit well and I kept kicking my toes on the sofa legs because it took up so much of the living area. The internet (the surf part of the package) was wired rather than WiFi which was quite inconvenient but doable. There was no washing machine although the plumbing was in place - just not attached to anything. There were communal laundry facilities on a lower floor but that involved tokens and it all seeming a bit too hard. The apartment wasn't particularly well equipped with no pot to make coffee, not ice tray in the freezer and no iron - but there was an ironing board (in case you brought your own?). Parking was under the building and at an extra daily cost but convenient and not as cramped as some other places. My package also included free breakfast which was small and very uninteresting - cereal, over sweet yoghurt and cooked fruit and toast. I tried it once and decided not to bother again. My apartment was serviced only once in the 6 days that I stayed. Overall, the Waldorf was somewhat inferior to other apartments I have used in Auckland and I am unlikely to go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jane E Thank you for your review. With regard to WIFI - we do have this available from reception subject to availability. There is an iron in each apartment and this is kept in the bathroom cabinet. As you had a breakfast voucher there is coffee available 24 hours a day in the breakfast room from the coffee machine. If you visit with us again please feel free to enquire at reception if you have any questions.

australia
Reviewed December 8, 2012

The night manager had no idea, we had booked on wotif and were supposed to get free Internet access this didn't happen till the morning manager was on duty . Breakfast was a bit of a joke, no room to sit so we had to take our toast to the room. Saturday night here is a bit scary, not a nice pace. Room was tiny. Definitely felt more like a hostel than a supposedly 4 star accommodation.very hot and no air conditioning making it hard to sleep.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kilana
Kilana I have discussed your comments with to our Night Staff with them. We are concerned that you found Saturday night scary. If there was an incident to report could you please contact us.
With regard to air conditioning - we are investigating this issue in 2013.

UK
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My Wife and I stayed at the Waldorf St. Martins Apartments two years ago and found it ideal then. Upon our return to Auckland in November we were not disappointed. The staff and management were really helpful especially as we arrived at 02.30 in the morning, we were greeted with a smiling, chatty, helpful Desk manager.
The rooms are still of a very good standard and the beds are so comfortable a good nights sleep is guaranteed. The rooms are spotlessly clean.
The option for breakfast is very simple and basic but ideal for those people who want a quick start to the day.
The location of the Waldorf suits us very well, just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the main downtown bar and restaurants and the marina but close enough for good access.
we enjoyed our four night stay at the Waldorf that upon our return to Auckland before leaving NZ we booked in for our last two nights.
Would recommend the Waldorf Apartments for couples, young and old and families, the management run a tight ship, noisy and boisterous guests are not tolerated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Antioch, Illinois
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed 5 nights at the St. Martins Waldorf Apartments in Auckland while I was there for business. I had a 2 bedroom suite that was spacious, clean, and fairly well equipped (more than 2 coffee cups would have been appreciated!). Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful, and all of the staff were professional. The location was great for me - it is hilly but I'm used to walking. There is an old cemetery across the street that was interesting to explore and if you'd like to go for a walk or run the Domain is a lovely place not very far away. Although I wouldn't say the hotel was centrally located for my business, it was not far from whatever you might need and it looked like public transport was plentiful. Having a kitchen was a bonus. I believe Internet was about $30 for the week, and you can request a wifi connection. My unit did not have a washer/dryer so I would confirm this before arrival if you are counting on it. Also, typical business services, such as room service, dry cleaning/laundry, and a business center were not available. I would recommend this for someone looking for a convenient, reasonably priced hotel in Auckland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Waldorf_APTS_NZ, Manager at Waldorf St. Martins Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
travel_junkie3000 Thank you for your review. You are correct in saying that we do not have a business centre or room service but are willing to assist in any way that we can with your business needs.
We have same day dry cleaning facilities. Drycleaning bags and documents are in each apartment. If you drop drycleaning into reception by 8.45am you will receive it back the same evening. I apologise if these bags were not in your apartment
Public Transport by bus is easily accesible from St Martins with 10 bus stops within a 5 minute walk which also includes an Airport Bus stop.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My family and I spent 8 weeks in these apartments whilst I was on business. The suites are a little small but functional enough. we had a corner suite on the 17th floor and the 270 degree view from the docks to Mt Eden was fantastic, especially on Guy Fawkes' Night.
Super ventral location: minutes walk from the bus stops for the three major loop routes, a nice 10-15 minute walk to Queen Street for food and shopping (add a bit more for the walk back uphill) and close to parks for the kids,
Staff are always friendly and tolerant of odd requests for assistance. The pool was seemingly unavailable and it wasn't to a few days before we left we learnt they left the cover on all the time.

Room Tip: Breakfast in isn't worth it. Jump on to the bus around to Parnell and enjoy the fabulous eaterie...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
dtruslove Thank you for spending eight weeks with us and we hope your business trip was successful.
I presume you were in a "C" apartment which are a little smaller than others. The views are very good from the 17th floor as you can attest to on Guy Fawkes night.
We are sorry you did not enjoy our light breakfast.
The cover is left on the pool from March through to beginning of December so that the heat can be maintained. If you wish to use the pool and the cover is on - staff are only too happy to help

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed twice at the Waldorf St Martins in Auckland, both occasions on a holiday trip. I booked a two bedroom apartment because I was travelling with my girl friend and we had plenty of room, and heaps of privacy. The apartments can not be faulted, they are absolutely clean and nicely designed , the beds are very comfortable. They are in a nice quiet location within walking distance of Queen Street . The staff on the front desk was great and very politeand Car parking is on site .Great free ligt breakfast and very good rate for this quality and location!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
gariss8888 we appreciate your review. A number of our guests also comment on the comfort of our beds. We are pleased you enjoyed the space of your apartment and we look forward to seeing you for a third time when you are next back in Auckland