“Just checked out after a Weekend away...”
Review of Bianco off Queen

Bianco off Queen
Ranked #59 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Just checked out after a Weekend away with the family. Everything was great and I will recommend to all...I was skeptical after some of the other reviews but loved my stay and we will be back.

• Stayed: October 2010

Reviewed October 4, 2010

Found Bianco on WOTIF and decided to give them a go for the price I was paying I was thinking what was the worst that could happen considering some of the reviews....I was pleasantly surprised....good location (just off Queen Street), great staff (independant property i presume rather than being a part of a chain), even better value for money. I paid $110 for a superior one bedroom with breakfast - Now stay there once a week and am very happy indeed. Would highly reccommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Patty1965
Reviewed September 27, 2010

we booked via the internet as we have done many times and i dont think that we have ever been treated as badly by the most unwelcome staff aat front counter when booking in , we were never told that because we were paying with our own money we would be charged 250.00 a night security bond , although the rooms themselves were ok the view from window was a sight to be seen .
carpark was one of the worst i have come across, I was glad when we booked out but had to wait for some unfriendly person to check our room before we got our deposit back .will not be staying there again

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I stayed one night here. I arrived too early for normal check in time. So one of the staff took down my phone number and was supposed to call me when it is ready for me to check in. Considering I only have one day to be tourist in AKL in went into the city to have a walk around. They never called me! By the time I came back at 630pm my room was still not ready!
Check out time is usually 10am and I'm sure the room allocated to me was already ready a few hours after that having to be cleaned and all. I waited an hour till 7.30pm before I actually have an answer saying that they housekeeping staff took the wrong key with her/him and they dont have the key to my room. I thought all hotels have a master key to all rooms. I have a feeling that my room was rented our for a few hours during the know as the hotel knew I was not going to be back till the evening. When I finally got into my room it was tiny! Has a funny stench and the bathroom floor was damp. It was just cleaned. So my suspicion may well be right. My room was rented out even though I have already booked it. There was no air cond or ventilation system in the room. So I wouldnt want to stay there in the summer. You can open the window but it gets noisy and there is just a little fan and little portable heater in the room. Linen and pillow cases smell funny and not clean there was hair on the linen! Dishes: plates glasses and cutleries had stains on them too!. Continental breakfast means normal bread (like the one that u can find in the supermarket) and juice was supposed to be provided in the fridge but there was none. It is really a disgusting hotel despite it being a new building but the owen and management doesnt take care of it at all! I couldnt sleep as the room smelt bad. Very bad!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2010

This is my 3rd time staying at Bianco with my family, We all seem to end up staying every time there is a special event in town. As usual, service, staff and location was great and we look forward to our 4th time at Bianco in the near future.

Walter

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2010

This is top value for money if you stay only a few nights, since the noise both of the street below and the aircons around can get on your nerves. But it was clean, breakfast was in the fridge in the room and included, you had to pay for the parking space but at least there was some, personnel were friendly and helpful, and you can walk into town or use public transport and be at the harbour in ten. We found even excessive research didn't find us a better place for an Auckland stopover.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Firstly, this hotel is not in a seedy part of town as one reviewer commented. It is at the upper end of Queen St. We stayed here because we were going to a show at the Civic. It only took 5 minutes to walk there. If you want a beautiful view you're to going to get it here but that is reflected in the price. This hotel represents excellent value for money. The rooms were clean, well appointed and comfortable, staff were helpful and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family