“Central and comfortable ”
Review of Bianco off Queen

Bianco off Queen
Ranked #58 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Easy to get to, central to the city, comfortable room. Six of us stayed in two apartments but one was much nicer than the other. Shower strong and beds firm which I prefer. Warm and comfortable. Reception staff friendly but communication could be better. Underground parking was helpful, though in typical Auckland style, was tight.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Newlyweds246
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very glad to hear that you had a very positive experience! It is good that you enjoyed what we offer.

Please stay in touch with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Handy location and the property is value for money but very aggressive reception staff, bunch of young guys running the show and totally unprofessional.

At time of check in, I requested the hotel staff to give me a hand with the luggage as my partner was pregnant and had been advised not to lift bags etc.

We had 02 main suitcases and one hand luggage only. I requested the guy at the reception to help me with 01 main suitcase, explaining my partners situation but I was shocked to see the expression on his face as if I have asked him to lift me up and transport to the room.

Any way, he came out of the desk and when he approached us he started saying "What is wrong with you guys? You guys seem fine to me, you should have helped yourself"
he further went to the other staff and said that we have extra weight in the bags and that's why making excuses. We were shocked to hear such insolent rude accusations from a staff member whose job is basically to assist and not insult.

Am I to understand that such staff is professionally / medically qualified to pass negative opinions on the guest requiring extra assistance?

After settling down, I went back to the reception and requested to see the manager, I was surprised to see that a guy about the same age group may be in his 20's introduced himself as a manager, later my partner advised that, he was the other guy, who was then also at reception and saw the whole thing but did not said a word.

At the time of checkout we requested a cab to the airport and the staff advise that they had a special arrangement with a taxi company so the charge to the airport will be 35 only. I was happy as I paid around 80 but again, cheap is cheap.
The driver was a big Samoan gentleman driving a small old Japanese car. His driving was erratic which did not give confidence that he was in full control of the vehicle and certainly did not result in a smooth ride.
I have sat beside many drivers but this individual is the worst, I have had the misfortune to be in a vehicle with, the vehicle was also stinking with the smell of cigarettes. Learn my lesson cheap is cheap.

We take serious objection to such defamatory remarks. We are deeply offended by the arrogant attitude and insulting behavior of the staff in a service industry, people like them makes a mockery of New Zealand's motto "KIA ORA-Welcome".

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shawn p

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to read such a review considering the amount of happy guests we service at our property each day (as you can see on Trip Advisor with the positive comments that are independent of the property) –

I would like to take this opportunity to express my concerns so other readers are not mis-informed about our property.

I have raised the issues that you have mentioned especially about our staff behavior with our Front Office Manager for which we are addressing. It may have been a one of case, none the less it is not good enough from our side.

However, we have undertaken a comprehensive training scheme with our staff in regards to customer service and the next time you are at Bianco off Queen there will be noticeable differences.

I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not usual for our hotel. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at boq.fom@vrhotels.co.nz if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.

Take care and safe travels back to Sydney, Again I ‘m apologetic for your experience with us.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Location - good, near the main part of Queen street and very handy. Service - weird. Only one key given out, refused to give another to the other occupant. Gym - off site, 15 minute walk, Youthtown Gym and not really a great place to go in my opinion. Beds were pretty hard, if I did not usually sleep on a futon I would have found it unpleasant. Room was nice enough though, good kitchen with a 3/4 size fridge, washer and drier, balcony and opening windows, with and air conditioner thrown in. Not sure about the service interval - no sign of it on the first day at all.

Room Tip: No views to speak off but higher seems better.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott P
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your good review about our central location. There are a couple of issues raised in your feedback that will help us improve as a property. I have passed on your recommendations and feedback to the relevant department heads to address. We hope to see you back in the near future, thank you for your support.

Take care and safe travels back to Newcastle.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed with friends sept 2012

Clean and comfortable, excellent wifi
close to cbd and main street
quiet side street, easy underground parking for our rented car

We stayed in a ground floor apartment with 3 twin rooms, excellent layout

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for positive review of Bianco off Queen Serviced Apartments Hotel, Auckland City. Thank you especially for your kind comments on our hotel, cleanliness, WiFi Internet and central location. We look forward to welcome you and extend our hospitality again in case your travels bring you back to Auckland.

Take care and safe travels back to Sydney.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was a little dismayed when I saw the small entrance off a back street (White St) and wondered what I got myself into but I was delighted to be wrong with first impressions. I was traveling with a party of five adults and needed a two bedroom apartment that was reasonably priced. The apartment was small but had everything we needed. There were two bedrooms, a beautiful bath with a washer and dryer, a kitchen with a dishwasher and two TV's. One in the living room and one in one of the bedrooms. There even was a full size ironing board. There were two balconies. The place was very clean and well cared for. Most of the guests seem to be young, maybe college students as there are a lot of universities in the area. But we stayed over the weekend and it very quiet after 8pm. The hotel is a short distance to downtown and the sky tower. Lots of places to eat in the area.

The staff was very helpful with information in the area. They were more than willing to give extra pillows, blankets etc. right away. No waiting for anything. The best though was when I checked out and left for the cruise I was taking. I was down by the pier and remembered I left my cell phone somewhere in the hotel. As you know, our cell phones have our lives on them. I grabbed a cab not expecting to have my phone found. When I got to the front desk, not only did they have my phone but they put it in airplane mode so I would not incur roaming chargers. They also refused the $10 tip I offered

Room Tip: Don't worry if you have a king or twin, as they can move the beds together or take them apart.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your wonderful feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Bianco off Queen Serviced Apartment Hotel, Auckland City. Your feedback is a good motivation for us to keep striving to maintain the high standards we have.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great location just off Queen Street. Rooms were very well equipped with full kitchen and washing machine. Parking is conveniently located underground at a cost of $25 which is reasonable in Auckland. WIFI was free which was very handy as we arrived late at night and had to make onward bookings. Very happy with our stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Sunlover Holidays

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for wonderful review of Bianco off Queen Serviced Apartments Hotel, Auckland City. It is great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our central location and explored the City. We are delighted to read your stay was met with facilities that made your stay really enjoyable.

Take care and safe travels back to Tauranga.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My experience was not a positive one. Upon arrival I was informed of an 'early check in fee' for $65, which, let's face it, is bolony. So I had to wander around aimlessly for another 2 hours.

It didn't end here, the lady at the reception was snappy and insouciant. Eventually they said I could check in early after I made it clear if the room was clean what was the hindrance?

After settling in my room, one of the male staff members walked in on me as I walked out of the shower. I don't understand why he entered my room at all? This was extremely unprofessional, and highlights a lack of communication between staff.

The room itself was nice, but the location wasn't that nice at all (unsure of why people keep saying the opposite about the room and location).. I actually enjoyed the room, it was clean and quiet.

The value for the stay was decent too, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that your stay did not live up to your expectations.

There are some aspects that are concerning to me and I would appreciate it if you could make contact with me on boq.fom@vrhotels.co.nz - I would like an opportunity to make it up to you and provide you the experience you paid for on your first visit. Further, it will allow us to do some further investigation on what went wrong and how we can avoid such problems in the future.

Take care and safe travels back to Perth.