“A good stay for self-catering”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bianco off Queen

Bianco off Queen
Ranked #61 of 66 Hotels in Auckland
new zealand
“A good stay for self-catering”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The studio room I stayed in was rather tight and compact, but appeared to have a good facilities for self-catering needs. The washing machine with accompanying powder was very useful. Wifi was free and worked well. The real draw-back is the $25 charge for carparking which really accelerates the cost of staying. Staff were friendly and helpful. A heater was brought in as the room felt cold.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the wonderful feedback. We are so glad to see that you liked and enjoyed what we offer here at our property. It is great that our friendly and efficient staff helped in making your stay better. I can also assure you that our car parking charges are among the lowest you could find in the central city.

Nilay Jani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Korean first
Bangkok
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

After reading some reviews from tripadvisor, I felt worry about the cleanness of the room. However, after I checked in, I found that the room was clean with full facilities: washing machine, dryer etc. Moreover, I found no problem with the speed of the internet. The location was nice too. Many interesting places are in the walking distance. All in all, good place with reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our central location and explored the City. We are so glad to see that you embraced what we offer here at our property. Great rooms, Great price, Great location with Complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi. We truly appreciate it. I am so proud of our team and how they continue to perform to a high service level. Although we maintain a high level of standard here at Bianco off Queen Serviced Apartment Hotel, Auckland.

Auckland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

A small apartment. It was a little cold and although there was no heater to be found, I'm sure that one might have been provided if requested. Very clean and quite well presented. Extremely comfortable large bed and small single for our daughter in the 2nd (very small) bedroom. Our other daughter was going to spend the night there with us and if she had it might have been a bit cramped with the sofa bed in the lounge area as the 4th person's bed. Functional kitchen area and bathroom. Perfectly fine for one night in the city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so glad to see that you embraced what we offer here at our property. Thanks for giving us good marks for cleanliness and cooking facility. It is wonderful that you were able to take advantage of our central location and explored the City. We appreciate your feedback.

Take care and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 6 nights for a conference at Auckland uni. Overall, this place is pretty good and was only 13 min walk to uni, 22 mins to harbour.

- clean one bedroom apartment, but room shows a bit of wear and tear, it's fairly new but the room looked like it had had 'tough love'. There were a number of walls that had a4 sized sticky residue on the wall like a poster had been taken off.

The rooms are not heated centrally, only a portable heater, which admittedly did work fairly well in July.

There are two towers, a and b. tower a is closest to the front road and even from level 5-6 myself and my colleagues could hear noise at night. Lots of noise!! Trucks, alarms, garbage trucks, young revellers - very loud and clear. I am not one to be bothered by noise but this was probably the worst I've had. I was surprised as I didn't remember it from other reviews. But,for less than$400 for five nights in the city of Auckland, it was pretty good value. The area has some steep hills which makes for tricky parking (due to steepness). The front of the hotel seems to be in the backstreets of student residences and yha (maybe where the noise is from) there are a number of paid carparks around also for city workers. Not very pretty.

The staff were friendly mostly but often only one person was at the busy desk which made assistance slow. If you needed anything you generally had to ask twice- e.g refill breakfast, more soap.

The breakfast included could do with some improving. 2x yoghurt, 2x kiwi, 2x muesli bars, 2x juices with preservatives and additives galore and 2x pieces of butter cake which were seemingly stale, all products and flavours were the same every day. Breakfast is delivered to your room everyday if the staff remember to fill up your supplies. I would have preferred a variety of fruit at reception and a range of jams and sliced bread. There is a kettle, toaster, large fridge, microwave, cooktop, dishwasher and crockery in the kitchen, so it is easy to go to nearby convenience store for supplies. Lots of Korean/Asian restaurants nearby.

Bed was average for comfort, two TVs in room a surprise, would stay here again if needing to be in the area and not wanting to spend more. Average place which could be excellent with a bit more attention to detail.

• Stayed July 2013
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Further, we are in Central Auckland, some amount of minimalistic noise is to be expected when opening up your balcony door. I am happy to say that our rooms are well insulated in general and therefore retain heat well and keep away most sounds. None the less, we will do some investigation to see what can be done to limit these sounds in the future.

We hope to see you welcome back in the near future.

Take care and safe travels back to Australia.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great rooms, great views. Very quiet and spacious. TV has many chanels and the free wifi is a bonus.
Kitchens fully stocked in a two bedroom appartment, door does not lock to the room unless you lock it with your key.

Dont park in their carpark if you have a big car or are not the best driver as its a tight fit

The service of the staff is awfull, at check in they were demanding and told us our breakfast would be bought up...the free breakfast was a. Yoghurt and a mango juice box. There was old kiwifruits and some sort of cake in an opened container in the room....this was breakfast. We complained as the photo on booking.com showed a cereal, milk, bottle of orange juice and two pieces of bread (which is an actual breakfast!), the staff member argued and told me if i could show him the photo he would go out and personally buy it (bit of a smart attitude) i showed him the photo and he told us he would waive the $25 carpark cost on our account (ha! Didnt want to go out obviously). He said the photos on booking.com were not correct.

The next day the reception was packed at 10am (checkout) and took over 15 minutes to be served, the staff claimed there was nothing about a waived carpark fee...after a bit of a heated conversation they waived it.

Great rooms and quiet, but I wouldnt return here on the principal of rude obnoxious staff!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clayt0n_NZ
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy that you enjoyed free Wi-Fi and facility of your room. We appreciate all of your thoughts and concerns. Without constructive feedback we will not be able to improve as a property. I am thankful that you have brought some issues to my attention that I can now take a proactive approach in fixing.

I am disappointed that you did not enjoy our complimentary light continental in room breakfast pack, which is made up of fresh fruit, freshly baked muffin, fruit juice, spreads, premium tea coffee including Moccana and Dilmah, fresh yogurt and a New Zealand made muesli bar. This is designed as a kick start to the day instead of a comprehensive breakfast as may have been expected, I apologies for any confusion caused.

However, I do appreciate your frustration and apologies for the way it was communicated to you. This is something we can look at as staff training on the matter.

I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not usual for our hotel. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at boq.fom@vrhotels.co.nz if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.
Take care and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Essen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Not sure what all the bad reviews are about - this place was very good for what it is - a very central self catering apartment. I asked to be moved from the potentially noisy ground floor and was upgraded to a palatial top floor apartment for just $10 a day more - terrific!! All clean and quiet enough for my tastes. Great kitchen. Yes the 'breakfast' is a bit unusual and would be better marketed as a 'courtesy extra' but there are plenty of nearby eating options. As for the grimy location, this really just is the way central Auckland is - unlike other cities in the world the CBD is NOT, in any way, a tourist attraction!! Even the locals stay away! If this bothers you stay in one of the further out areas.

My only real complaint was the internet - terrible cutting in and out despite apparently great signal. I did get someone up to look at it but they didn't fix the problem and I ended up sitting on the floor in the corridor, directly under the signal booster, just to get basic emailing done. VERY frustrating!! I would very happily recommend Bianco for anyone needing a centrally located self catering apartment except for the WiFi issue.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. It is good to see that you had an overall good stay. We value your feedback as every feedback is a guide for us to improve. Please stay in touch with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Disappointing given the reviews. However having experienced the clientele understand why they would rate it as they do.
The room was poorly cleaned, curtains were grey with dirt and the bed linen was disgusting. With dirty marks on the sheets and pillowcases. The bed cover had "stains" all over it that were very suspect. Carpet was dirty as were the walls. The so called included breakfast was a joke. Delivered to your room the afternoon before. Bathroom had dirty "spills?" all over the walls and the floor was not clean. Guests were ill mannered and inconsiderate, noisy all night and shouting in the passageways. Management was ineffective and not of a standard I would associate with a first world country. Will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid Bianco off Queen, unless you have extremely low standards.