“Good overall standard”
Review of Bianco off Queen

Bianco off Queen
Ranked #58 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed April 1, 2013

average, room was large enough and clean with nice furniture, really good kitchenette
lifts are very small and it's a long way up a steep fire exit if like me you are a bit claustrophobic!
parking was a pain as nowhere to leave your car while you checked in before you had access to the underground car park, had to cross your fingers that there was no queue and abandon it in a tow away zone.
no real problems but not somewhere i'd hurry to recommend

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am happy that you enjoyed the facility and cleanliness of your room. We appreciate your feedback; it will assist us in improving our services for future guests.

I have addressed your concerns with relevant department heads; will follow up personally to understand what we can do better as a property.

Please stay in touch with us via Facebook and Twitter so we can provide you with our best rates for your return! !

Reviewed March 27, 2013

After having read other reviews about this hotel I emailed the hotel twice to request a room higher up in the property. No reply was forthcoming from either of my emails. My fault, I should have cancelled! On checking-in I mentioned to the staff member about my emails. He didn't respond but said that he had upgraded me to a 2 bedroomed apartment on the 4TH FLOOR..!
Dreadful room, I probably could have lived with the view of the air-conditioning units adjacent to this property and the fact that I could see directly into the next hotel, and also could have shut
my eyes to the badly dented fridge, the noisy extracter fan...but what a disgusting room...the carpet was brown and was badly stained, the lounge (well you couldn't really call it a lounge, as it was so small) had a well-worn setee and a little television that had interference and we could not get some channels. At least 2 of the channels we could get the picture, albeit very poor quality, but no sound. After the first night I went to the desk to complain. The young girl was lovely and said she would pass my concerns to the manager.....Waste of time....no contact
from him about my concerns. On checking out, the same young girl asked me if I enjoyed my stay and of course I told her that I did not enjoy my stay and that she was the person I spoke to the day before about how unhappy I was....I have waited this long before sending in this review as I did phone when I got home and spoke to the manager of Bianco...he told me that he had come from The Quadrant Hotel and that Bianco had lost all their emails.....blah blah...blah....he said he would get in touch with me...yeah right !.....This company (V.R. Group) owns about 7 hotels in the Auckland area.........I will certainly not be staying in any one of them in the future.....

Room Tip: Forget it !.....they just wont listen to you
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda S
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience during your last stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was less that top notch. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. I am thankful that you have brought some serious issues to my attention that i can now take a proactive approach in fixing.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my concerns so other readers are not mis-informed about our property.

The next time that you visit Auckland, I do hope you will honor us a return visit to our hotel and allow us the opportunity to show you the improvements we have made by delivering the usual high standards that you deserve and should rightfully expect.

I understand this website is designed to post feedback about your stay to help others to make a decision. I hope my response to your feedback will help others.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Serviced apartment at the university end of Queen Street. Tucked a block back from Queen St, it is close to some good restaurants and small supermarkets. Let down by cheap furniture in the living area and lack of air-conditioning.

Pluses
Spacious.
Firm matress.
Wifi in room (drops out)
Balcony.
Windows that open.
Washer and dryer in bathroom.
Oven, hob and microwave in kitchen.
Small supermarkets and restaurants metres away.
One block from Queen St and a short walk from K Road.
Fans and heater.

Minuses
No air-conditioning.
Uncomfortable sofa.
Cheap furnishings.
Odd included breakfast items: cake, muesli bar, banana, yoghurt, individual serve of butter.
Erratic housekeeping: tea towel appeared after several days, no washing up cloth, shower gel not replaced but extra shampoo left.
Tiny TVs (one each in lounge and bedroom).
Noisy at night, especially if windows are open.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. There are a number of issues raised in your feedback that will help us improve as a property. I have passed on your recommendations and feedback to the relevant department heads to address.

We hope to see you back in the near future, thank you for your support.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have just stayed for two nights in Bianco off queen and would say it is a pretty mixed bag. The location is great for its proximity to Auckland centre but the area is also a little seedy too. The apartment block is used mainly by students due to it being next to the university. Our double apartment on the fifth floor was really well laid out and, on the face of it, looked clean and well appointed. There was, however, a very strong smell off curried food which had seemingly permeated every part of the apartment. Which wasn't that bad really. What was totally unacceptable was the infestation of cockroaches. They were crawling everywhere and drove us mad. Also that one of the beds had been dressed in sheets and covers which absolutely stunk of mildew.
What a shame that basic hygiene is letting down a place that could be much better. I couldn't recommend this place to a family or anyone who is looking for a plush, four star experience. But if you've already travelled a bit and can stand a bit of "roughing it" and if you can get it cheap enough, then maybe this is the place for you. Although I have travelled extensively and probably would not stay here again. There must be lots of far better accomodation in Auckland.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Robprice7
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion and giving us thereby useful feedback.

I was very concerned that your recent stay was not up to expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for some disappointing aspects of your stay. Clearly, the experiences you have encountered are not at all the kind of fine service we strive to provide all our guests. Unfortunately we have let you down and for this I am very sorry.

I would like to mention one thing; Bianco off Queen has a comprehensive bug prevention program where Bi-Monthly room inspections designed for prevention and risk are held by a top independent company in Auckland. I will certainly be following up with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure that this is not a situation which arises again.

Please contact me at boq.fom@vrhotels.co.nz if you would like to discuss it further and if I could make your stay in Auckland next time as you deserve and should rightfully expect.

Take care and safe travels, again I am apologetic for your stay at our property.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Never, never leave your car parked unattended oposite the Hotel. You dont know it at the time but there is no hotel parking on the street & this seems an obvious "unloading bay" upon checking into the hotel. It seems there are "vulchers' watching you park there & as soon as you walk into the Hotel they clamp you, an instant $190 de-clamping fee. Very unreasonable as before you have checked in, you can not park in the Hotels car park so where do you park to unload? Room rate for 4 singles in a 2 bedroom unit was reasonable, $200, however whilst modern, the rooms are tired & needed some TLC. Their cleaning standard is not particularly good either, old crumbled biscuits on the carpet beside the coffee table, Air Con filter so blocked very little air came out of the unit. Reasonably handy location but not really downtown Auckland, more upper Queen St Auckland.

Room Tip: Best suited for those with no vehicle.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KevinXuBarclay
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for some disappointing aspects of your stay. The issues that you brought to our attention are important to us and are being addressed and we are committed to make adjustments and take the necessary measures to prevent these issues from happening to future guests. I would love for you to contact me directly at boq.fom@vrhotels.co.nz as there a number of issues you have raised in your review that are a real concern to me. We hope to see you back in the near future, thank you for your support.

Take care and safe travels back to Hamilton.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Room was spacious and clean. Excellent shower/bathroom. Was a bit noisey at night from street below. Outlook was ok. Nice wee balcony to sit on. Breakfast was ok but some muslie would have been nice. Location was good if you don't mind walking and buses are very close and run often. I would stay again as price was reasonable. Reception desk was very helpful with all our enquiries. We stayed in Tower A level 11 room D.

Room Tip: We chose a superior double room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad that you found our location convenient, Great rooms, Great price, with complimentary breakfast and our staff friendly and willing to assist. Although we maintain a high level of standard here at Bianco Off Queen, Auckland.

Further, we are in Central Auckland, some amount of minimalistic noise is to be expected when opening up your balcony door. I am happy to say that our rooms are well insulated in general and therefore retain heat well and keep away most sounds. None the less, we will do some investigation to see what can be done to limit these sounds in the future.

We hope to see you welcome back in the near future.

Take care and safe travels back to Cheviot.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed twice for a total of three nights at the beginning and end of our NZ trip

The value that this place offers for a capital city is stupendous, just a few bucks more than we were paying in provincial locations and with Internet thrown in as well. Everything in the spacious apartment was in good order, the bed was comfortable with the right sort of bedclothes and the Internet was quick (so long as one remembers to log into the system for the floor on which the apartment is located).

However, the location does offer challenges which severely diminished the experience. Despite opting for an upper floor on the supposition that it would be quieter this was not the case. There were the early morning cries of "merry revellers" on Queen Street nearby together with constant emergency vehicle sirens. On the second stay we were also troubled by the continuous hum of the airconditioning units on the nearby student accommodation.

It is also quite a hike down (and up on the way back!) to downtown activities, no problem for a pair of fit pensioners but probably difficult for those unable to walk very far or with young children.

Staff are generally good though the trainee who checked us in on our second stay needed more training and somebody attempted to deliver breakfast twice just as we were trying to get our heads down for a nap after a long flight. That said a special effort was made to get the room ready early after we dropped our luggage off after an early morning landing.

And finally. Do not build up you hopes of the "complimentary" breakfast. When Bund partakes of the meal he is happy with a simple Continental of bread and preserves if not enjoying cooked fare or cold meat, so a collation of Muffin, Oaty Bar and Yoghurt was never likely to impress. matron is more tolerant but a first bite into the Muffin convinced her that it was nothing like any other she had tasted and absolutely to be avoided.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MorrieBund
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our central location and explored the City. We appreciate all of your thoughts and concerns.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We are always trying to find better ways to make this better. Our guest feedback is very important to us. It allows us to make the necessary changes to our hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. We hope to see you back in the near future, thank you for your support.