“EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING”

Ranked #60 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Sydney, Australia
“EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We stayed here for the RWC and boy what a disappointment.
We had booked over a year ago to stay and booked through We Love Rugby......going by what their website showed the rooms looked great. HUGE MISTAKE!! Do not go by what is on their website....false advertising.
We booked a two bedroom apartment.... the room we got was small, old and falling apart. We went with two other friends who shared the room with two singles and my hubby and I got the double bed....we couldn't get into our bedroom as the door hit the bed. We paid $1200/night for this room and it definately was not worth that amount, not even a quarter of that amount. And as for the safe...you could pick it up and walk out with it.... hmmmm....what's "safe" about that??

I would not reccommend this place at all.

The only good thing was it was it had walls, a roof and doors. There is no way this should be classed as 4 star....more like 2.5 stars.

Do yourself a favour...stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Fastcars1973
ManagerBOQ, General Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Dear Fast Cars,

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not up to your expectation. I can assure you that our rooms are not sold for $1200 per night, this is a mark up that a wholesaler has placed on your room and is not an indicative selling price from our aspect.

Further, we have just finished a major refurbishment to the property and perhaps you were assigned an old room of ours, I apologise for your disappointment and can assure you that on your next stay with us you will be pleasantly surprised at a more realistic price.

Thanks for your review.

Udai Sarin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Korean first
Sydney
Reviewed October 16, 2011

OK it was the Rugby World Cup and the reason I went to Auckland for the weekend and this plase was the only plave available when I booked in March (must to my frustation as I looked on same website I purchased from 4 days before I went and it was half the price). Price is not my gripe I chosse to go to RWC and choose to purchase accommodation 6 months before hand.

OK the place was clean but a two bed apartment in reality was 1.5 beds (one queen and one single bedroom) with one tiny bathroom. It was tiny for the three of us although we did not spend a huge amount of time there ay $540 even during world cup you expect a resonable size

Only one key for the apartment somewhat annoying and to be given a 4+ star rating by the NZ tourist board - they must of never seen the apartment I was in

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jamwie
Hi Jamwie,

Thanks for your review - I am disappointed to read that your stay was not up to your expectation. The room that was booked by yourself seems to be a 2 bedroom super saver that has 1 King and 1 Single bedroom. These rooms are 45SQM and comfortable for 3 people, max 4. The price paid in March was due to demand levels in Auckland and subsequently reduced as you are aware. None the less, a 2 bedroom apartment superior apartment may be more to your liking on your return with us.

Please contact me next time you are in Auckland, udai@vrgroup.co.nz - i will ensure you are looked after.

Udai Sarin

Travelers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Wales
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed in Bianco off Queen for a couple of nights in September. This is essentially a serviced apartment block. We were 5 people sharing one apartment. Just enough room really. Ours was clean and modern and had all the facilities we needed in the kitchen area. There was only one bathroom to the apartment which seemed constantly in use. Basic continental breakfast was provided each morning. Check in and out was swift and uneventful. The city centre is within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank RugbyBoyWales
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I Stayed at bianco off queen last week and experienced a terrible stay here. Checked in the evening around 5 pm , front office girl was really hard to understood by smwhat named aanjali i guess. i was put in the wrong room firstly and the room smelled badly ,came down to change my room and the same girl did not treated me well. The staff need to be trained well how to behave at first and then know their job. i will never ever stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: rooms on high floor
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank john w
Dear John,

Thanks for your review. Without constructive feedback we will not be able to improve as a property.

We have undertaken a comprehensive training scheme with our staff in regards to customer service and the next time you are at Bianco off Queen there will be noticeable differences. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have recently stayed there with my daughter for one night before her graduation which fell right in the busiest time of the Rugby World Cup. In my life I have stayed in many hotels including some 5 hotels in both Auckland and Wellington so I think I can make a good comparison. Although Biacno off Queen is not perfect with regards to interior of the rooms (quality, condition and age) it has more than made up for it with the service. People who work there and service were perfect! I give a very big A+ for the reception team and all the staff of the hotel! They were professional, expedient, kind and helpful and capable of dealing with any situation quickly and successfully.

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Grafton
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Good lcoation near Queen st, giving easy access to restaurants and shopping. furniture and facilities in room starting to fall apart. Service was very friendly and hlepful though. And good value for an apartment in this location.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank John J
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Great location - right next to Queen St. Large apartment (1 bedrooms were sold out so I had a 2 bedroom apartment - still cheaper than a hotel room elsewhere!). Lucky I had 2 bedrooms as one had dirty sheets on my arrival - spent the next 3 days complaining and asking for the sheets to be changed with no luck so I gave up. Slept in the other room anyway but found it very noisy. Beds are extremely hard! Nice bathroom and kitchen. Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired... not sure why anyone would want a hard grain roll with just butter for breakfast! Staff seemed friendly but clearly didn't follow through on requests. Luggage storage is not secure. Free internet is only 1 hour which has to be used in one go - still a bonus though.

Room Tip: Good views from upper levels.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business