“Great experience”

and up
America's Cup Sailing on Auckland's Waitemata Harbour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Feel the thrill of sailing an authentic America's Cup yacht. Take the helm to help steer on course or work hard on the grinders to hoist the mainsail during this hands on sailing adventure on Auckland's Waitemata Harbour.
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Fun and friendly crew. They invite you to participate in setting the sails and give everybody and opportunity to "drive" the boat. The crew is great, very helpful and informative. The views you get from the water are amazing. It feels great to get out in the wind on the water. We had a great time.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I confess an interest in sailing (I'm a yacht instructor!) - but surely anyone who wants an exciting & unique experience would get a lot out of a 2hr trip on an 80ft America's Cup racing yacht - fabulous views of the city & Rangitoto Island, a friendly & fun crew - you get to take the helm if you fancy a go (or you can just sit back and enjoy if that's what you'd prefer)
Highly recommended Auckland experience!

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Went out on Auckland Day for a sail and got to see dozens upon dozens of boats out for the regatta and just sailing. It was a beautiful sight, as well as the views of Auckland. Staff were fun and helpful. Not much different than other America's Cup sails, but still a nice time out on the water, and always fun to participate.

1  Thank SoReCa
Reviewed December 23, 2011

The 4 of us went out on the boat as a last day treat before we went back to the UK. The weather was fine but not too hot, just perfect for a day on the water and what a fabulous time we had. We were allowed to steer the boat and learned how to hoist sails on a racing yacht. An outing we will never forget.

1  Thank Pukeko54
Reviewed December 8, 2011

This was to be the highlight of a one day visit to Auckland, part of a month's tour of New Zealand. It was booked 9 months in advance. The trip was timed for 2pm. On phoning to confirm details on the morning of the trip I was told that it might not run due to low numbers. I was told to call back later (1.30) to see if the trip was on.

I phoned at 12.30 and was told that it was cancelled; "Not viable to run it". No alternative was offered, and when I pointed out that this was my one and only day in Auckland, and it had been ruined by them, the response was :That's the way it is, mate".

My travel agent, a specialist in putting together individual trips in New Zealand, had no idea when booking this trip that it was dependent on numbers, and due to this incident will no longer deal with this company.

I strongly advise anyone thinking of using this outfit, particularly if on a short visit to the city, to avoid them like the plague.

1  Thank Ajm123456789