We stayed for 2 nights at the beginning of June - 2 adults and 2 children (aged 1.5 and 4 at the time). We were greeted by a lovely lady who was incredibly helpful. Our 2 bedroom room was lovely, absolutely spotless. We had a family suite (queen bed in one room, 2 singles in the other). The only gripe I had with the room is that our 2 girls were in the front room which faced Beach Rd, during the night it was quite noisy from traffic (even on the top floor). If you have light sleepers I would recommend seeing if there was a similar room on the back side of the hotel. As this is a serviced apartment not a 'hotel' as such, the towels are not changed every day. This was no concern to us, but I have noticed that other reviewers had an issue with this - so don't expect them to be changed daily.
The service was above and beyond. We called the front desk at 3:30am in regards to excessive TV from the room next door which was waking our children. The staff member came up as soon as I hung up and sorted the problem. The following morning I requested a cot for out youngest, and we left for the day. When we returned a portacot had been set up in our room, and made up with lovely clean sheets and an extra blanket. Nothing seemed to be an issue for the staff at Waldorf!
The parking building (an additional $18 a day) is away from the hotel, not a long walk but not covered so leave your bags when you check in so you don't get everything wet when you come back from the carpark.
Overall, a beautiful hotel that is in a brilliant location. Easy walk to Queen St, Britomart, and the Viaduct. We will definitely be returning in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Stadium is the Waldorf Group's premiere apartment hotel in New Zealand. Situated in the heart of Auckland City, these luxury self contained apartments offer guests high quality accommodation close to all of the attractions Auckland City has to offer. Self cater in your spacious apartment, with a large 24hr Supermarket located across the road from Waldorf Stadium, or enjoy one of the many dining options Auckland City has to offer. Britomart, just 400m away is Auckland's newest entertainment precinct and is home to boutique and international fashion stores, and some of the best restaurants and bars the city has to offer. Vector Arena Auckland's 12,000 seat venue is a short stroll from Waldorf Stadium, as are the recently developed Waterfront areas, Queen Street and Auckland's Transport Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stadium Waldorf Apartments Auckland
- Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel Auckland, New Zealand