“Excellent!!!”

City Travellers Auckland
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Please don't listen to any negative reviews about this hostel, staff are great and if you do have problems they will help you in any way they can. Please remember this is a hostel at the end of the day do to whine about minor details including no hand soap in the bathroom to me is ridiculous!!! It is a hostel and the best hostel I have ever stayed in. If u want to stay for just a few nights or a few months it has the nice feeling of a quieter atmosphere for essential sleep but the option of mingling in with some fantastic people!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Ranzolin, Manager at City Travellers Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your time to review us and appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again.

There are newer reviews for City Travellers Auckland

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Really Enjoyed my stay for a bit, all you guys were really helpful and treated me well. It was a pleasure to stay as i made friends and you gave me to have a really good experience in Auckland and NZ. I will come back when i'm in Auckland and am looking forward to meeting the City Travellers staff again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review and glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we wish you safe travels

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Me and my husband received voucher to stay in CT for 2 weeks from his uni prior to the beginning of his study. But within 3 days we decided to search for apartment and move. We can't stand for the bad odor comes from the communal kitchen & bathroom and the dirty bedroom with dirty blanket & linen. Not including some bed bugs bites our friends suffered and some cockroaches we see in the bathroom. The kitchen hobs are not working well-on & off and the microwave is broken. To cook our own meal is a very frustrating job that we decided to buy from outside. CT Management must do something to fix all of these and not misguide people with appetizing pics in your website, which is actually not.

Room Tip: Book online is a bad idea since you will not be able to see the real condition of the room
Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dianjuwita

Dear Guest

We appreciate the time taken to review us and am disappointed we did not exceed your expectations and assure you we have fixed all you have written here and as well as having the exterminator in to rid of those pesty bugs and cockroaches which unfortunately are a common threat amongst accommodation suppliers.

We wish you the best in your studies and enjoy your time in NZ

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed at City Travellers on two separate occasions for three month stints when I was travelling/working in NZ.

I choose this CT before leaving the UK as it seemed to be the least party/noisy hostel in the CBD as I knew I was staying here for a few months and I would need sleep at some point.
I absolutely loved it. There were 20 of us who did everything together, from rugby games to BBQ's on the patio. Ranz the legend even put together a Christmas dinner which we all attended and had a brilliant evening. no one was home sick as we were all one big family.

My first room I shared with a mate, nice big room with en suite, spot on, good kitchen.

Second time around, again made loads more friends and business as usual, Like I never left!
This time had my own room and loved it!

Massive big up to Ranz, who loves having his head pattered (It's good to do when you check in for good luck on your travels) and Ahmed who is probably the nicest person you could ever meet,

If you want a quiet night sleep or thinking of staying long term I 100% recommend staying here

Cheers again boys and hope to see you soon!

Room Tip: All rooms are good, level 5 is best to meet people, if you do stay level 4 make sure you venture up...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Dear Guest

Always a pleasure to have returned guests and thank for your review and time taken to send us one and wish you safe travels.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I strongly disagree with the reviews below due to me and my boyfriend - whom I met at the hostel, having the best time at City Travellers. A friendly-warm, clean, tidy atmosphere along with staff and friends made City Travellers feel like home.

Before staying there, I had stayed at a few other hostels in Auckland CBD, but nothing compares to City Travellers.

Rooms there were very spacious, clean, tidy and well presented, with plenty of storage room. Beds so comfy you couldn't wait to get back into it at night. Kitchens well equiped with all essentials needed, The whole hostel was cleaned every morning by the cleaners and throughout the day checked upon also.

If anything was broken or damaged in any way Ranz was straight on top of things to sort the problem out, as long as he knew about it, if they don't know its not much they can do about it.

Staff were so helpful at all times and would help you out when ever need be. I got to know them all well and had a good laugh and chat with them.

A very high standard of professionalism was displayed by staff at all times. Reception is manned 8am - 6pm daily by either Ranz/Ahmed and the only time it was unmanned was if a quick toilet break was required.

I have and would definately reccommend this hostel to anybody. Its a great place to be, you will feel like you have not left home. Situated in Downtown CBD, close to Queen Street for all your desired shopping needs, close to Britomart Countdown for food shopping, and with a nice Indian, Chinese and Thai take away downstairs you couldn't ask for much more.

I would like to give a BIG thank you to Ranz and Ahmed along with all the cleaners for making our stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest

We appreciate the time taken to send us a review and glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Not been cleaned properly in months. The place was tatty. The bed was so soft my book (paperback) caused it to sag. Terrible sleep as a result. The bathroom was awful and there were loose wires hanging out of where old appliances are something have been ripped out.

For what you get it's overpriced. And there isn't anyone at the front desk ever.

• Stayed: May 2012
Ranzolin, Manager at City Travellers Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear Guest

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to review us and as stated in previous it is something we are striving to correct and unfortunately we failed on this occasion and do apologise, but we will continually make in roads to making this a better hostel with fond memories for travellers.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed here for too long! Could get over the cochroaches but got bitten by fleas! That was final straw! They were aware of the cochroaches!as I showed them a pic cause I wasn't sure what they were! You go to get a plate could find one dead on it or running around! Cleaning was poor! Didn't clean the bathroom! Just replaced the toilet roll and towel for the floor!never checked food presses when people left! Shower door full of mould! The roof in 3 bed dorm full of mould! Took weeks to replace a bulb! Leak from toilet sink went under the carpet n smelled and eventually someone came to look at but still leaked the smell still was there. The people that brought in the fleas were told to clean there clothes! Nothing else was treated like couch or beds!We were not told n then we got bitten n then were blamed for not telling them we got bitten!! It was our fault! After complained they treated the couch! Too little to late!only changed the sheets in bed! Not the blanket! They damage was done n it could be breading as I write this! I wasn't expecting 4* standards but a basic level of service! Is a clean bed, clean bathroom n a clean kitchen

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Guest

We appreciate your feedback and review and for bringing all of the above it to our attention as we have worked hard on these and I can safely say all has now been recitified and monitored on a daily basis.