“I couldn't find any fault in this hostel”

Bamber House Hostel
GreenLeadersSilver level
“I couldn't find any fault in this hostel”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

my past experiences of staying in a hostel, I was pretty disappointed with the hostel quality in Auckland city. I knew Bamber house before I arrived Auckland, after spending one night in a hostel in the city, I made up my mind to move to Bamber house the next morning.
I called Bamber house to check on availability and Tim was really helpful and friendly.
The moment I stepped into Bamber house, I feel in love with this hostel. the hostel is amazingly clean and beautiful (those cleaner did very good job as i watched them cleaning the place everyday) and beautiful. big kitchen, spacious movie room, huge chill out area, the room I stayed was cute and mt.eden was just right in front of my window. although there were many long term backpackers, I never encounter any problem with the shower or their friendliness.
Staff were extremely nice and friendly, they knew who you are and always with a smile on their face.
I extended my trip in Auckland because of the atmosphere in the hostel.
I have been telling people this is the best hostel in Auckland and the best I'd ever stayed.
keep up the good job, Tim, Grajuana (sorry if I spell wrongly) and team, you gave me a reason to come back to Auckland.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Bamber house is a quaint cute place. Its a bit out of reach from the city so it makes sense only for those that have a bit of time on their hands... as a hostel it is perfect but i guess i was disappointed only due to the location. The staff is super friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Suse, Manager at Bamber House Hostel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we really appreciate your comments about the hostel itself. With regards to our location we actually consider it as one of our best assets. The majority of our visitors agree they would never want to stay in the city centre and we offer a secure and quiet environment that is still only a ten minute bus ride away from the town's central attractions. With Mount Eden's beautiful parks on our doorstep and a wealth of great bars and shops we consider our location as a prime reason people choose to stay with us. Nevertheless we're definitely still pleased you chose us for your recent vacation. Safe travels!
Singen, Germany
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Defenetly the best hostel I've been to in 6 month of travelling oz and nz. Very home-like atmosphere and most friendly staff. Bus stop is just across the road. Takes you five minutes into the city.

Everythings very clean and the whole atmosphere makes you not want to leave

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Braunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed in a double room here for a total of 3 nights. The guys who were running it are really friendly and welcoming. The hostel itself is like a big house and has a great kitchen. I there is a supermarket nearby and it's about a half hour walk from Auckland, or you can get the bus.
Set in Mt. Eden, it is well worth a walk up the mountain for either sunset or rise!

• Stayed February 2013
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I only stayed here one night in a 3 person bedroom. The room was very small, but it was all clean and comfortable. I liked it even had a tiny fridge inside.
Had an awesome view of the sky from the yard.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here on a couple of occasions during my trip, it's a nice comfortable hostel, plenty of room and in a nice quiet part of the city, there're plenty of shops within walking distance.

The staff are very friendly, they helped me book a hire car at the start of the trip. There're activities organised every night of the week or you can just crash out in front of the TV which has a massive list of movies.

The only criticism I have is that there seemed to be a large amount of long term guests using it as their home while they work in the city, the dorm room I stayed in was very cluttered with their bags and they didn't really leave their established groups to talk to new guests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank NoBeachForMe
melbourne, victoria
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on my first trip to NZ, in a 6 bed mixed dorm. Love the fact that there are no bunks! Dorms and ensuite bathroom very clean. Easy to catch the bus to/from the CBD, supermarket within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo