I stayed at the BK Hostel from June 17th – July 1st 2009
• The hostel is located off the very famous, Karangahape road, which is located 20 minutes (walking) from central downtown Auckland, and is conveniently located close to malls, tourist attractions, theatres and tourist shops.
• 24 hour access into the hostel. Guests were given a swipe card to get into the building, and a key to their room.
• Bathrooms were kept really clean.
• Very quiet.
• The hostel is located at the top of a very large hill. Walking down into town was awesome but it sucked when you were carry groceries back to the hostel.
• The hostel doesn’t have any heat; this was unfortunate. Auckland was experiencing an unusually cold winter, and nights were dipping down to zero. I had spent the two previous weeks in Fiji, and the average high for the day was around 30°. Quite the shock to the system.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BK Hostel!Located in the centre of Auckland, major sights like Queen Street, the Aotea Square, the Civic Theatre, many parks and gardens and the Waterfront are only a few minutes walk away. Having cafes, bars, restaurants, post shops and banks close by daily jobs can easily be done from here.Rebuilt in 2003, our hostel offers a total of 49 rooms with most of them having large windows. Whether you are a backpacker looking for a budget dorm bed or prefer a bit more privacy in a single room we can find the right thing for you. We also offer weekly rates for those who want to experience Auckland for longer than just a few days. All our beds are freshly made providing linen, sheets, a duvet and a pillow as well as good quality mattresses for our single and queen-size beds. Every room is regularly cleaned and equipped with closets. With the exception of the dorm rooms all our rooms are also equipped with a desk and a chair making your stay as convenient as possible. The two kitchens are spacious and clean and equipped with everything to store, cook and enjoy your food. Both of them provide a separate tap for filtered water as well as an unlimited access to hot water. Our bathrooms provide separate, clean, self-contained shower cabins and toilets. If you do not feel like getting into Auckland’s nightlife make yourself comfortable in our spacious lounge. You can watch TV or a movie out of our DVD library or have a game of pool with your mates.Other features of our facility are:* Very safe (Fire safety & High tech security camera approved)* Friendly helpful staff* Coin operated laundry* Luggage storage (short & long term storage available) – bikes, bags,surfboard…* Towels, iron, hair dryer, fans, scale, adaptor etc available for hire.* Internet/Wi-Fi available* Pay phone* 24 hour access with a card key provided* Visa, Master Card, Eftpos available* Link bus route* Airport transport on arrangement or from the close by bus stop of the AirBus ExpressEnjoy your stay in Auckland! :) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your BK Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- BK Hostel Auckland, New Zealand