BK Hostel
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
$134
Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
$266
$144
  • Restaurant
Pullman Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$114
$110
Heritage Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$122
$102
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
  • Free Internet
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
$151
$128
  • Pool
Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
$55
$53
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)
$195
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Quality Hotel Parnell(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$120
$103
Orbitz.com
All reviewsk roadno alcohol allowedbig tvshared kitchennew zealandexcellent locationairport busplace to staycafescityauckland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Stayed here for two weeks and began filling itchy at night

One night I noticed two bed bugs

I complained to the owners and they said they wanted to see proof. "be a man catch them and show me"

I was a little disgusted with how they treated this. wasn't making any of this up

the hostel is otherwise clean but the owner didn't really care that I had bed bugs. My sheets were changed but that still didn't really solve the problem

thankfully I did not bring any back home!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank x y
Euntaek Y, Owner at BK Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

We have not had, nor do we currently have, bed bugs in BK Hostel. We periodically perform preventative pest control in every room and clean the common areas daily. Our friendly staff is always willing to help should any guest have a problem during the stay.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed in this hostel in the New Zealand summer of last year.What a wonderful place to stay!The location is absolutely perfect-so central to all the amenities of Auckland city,like restaurants,cafes,shops etc!The hostel itself is immaculately clean,something which I value highly wherever I stay.They have kitchens and a large lounge where u can view some of their many dvds etc.The room rates really impressed me as well.U really get great value for money here and the rooms are so lovely!They have a LIFT,so no need to struggle with your suitcase upstairs either!All in all one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!Wonderful for making friends too!

Room Tip: All rooms are immaculate!I loved the twin room with window though.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Worldtraveller392
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights at bk hostel. The staff is very nice and helpful concerning your self organization. I didn't meet a crack on transport possibilities, local tipps for day trips, etc., though.
The rooms and beds are rather small, clean and sufficient. Also bathrooms and showers are kept very clean.
The internet (tomizone hotspots on the street) only works on the street side, which on the weekends gets very noisy throughout the night. I took a room on the opposite side and skyped from the common social areas.
There is a kitchen, you can always cook, make tea, etc.
The "living room" is a jewel, terribly comfortable - you don't even want to leave the room and see the city. It's got a pool table, TV and DVDs, games, books.
Around the hostel, there are super nice cafes, restaurants, some convenience stores. Directly opposite, there is a club - I heard the bass when I got up at 7 on a Sunday morning ;) I'd say, it's all taken care of an bk is a save bet - even though other hostels are surely further in city center or even offer their own internet supply. It's costly everywhere, though. NZ is a very expensive country and from this regard, I guess, the price is reasonable.
I would definately go back, because I prefer not to stay in the city center (5 min walk), I enjoyed the living room, and there are the best cafes around.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank bjocht
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Me and my partner stayed here for 2 nights before flying home. We chose a room without windows as it was cheaper but ended up sleeping into the afternoon as we forgot to set an alarm and had no sunlight to wake us up! Still, the beds were obviously comfy if we slept that long!
The hostel is in a great location near cafes, restaurants, and really cool shops.

The hostel was really clean! The rooms were spotless and the kitchen was always perfect.

The staff were really friendly and helpful.

Will definitely stay here again next time we're in Auckland.

Room Tip: Get a window if you can afford it!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sam_fleming
Reviewed May 16, 2011

My partner and I stayed in BK hostel from October 2009 to Sept 2010 on and off whilst travelling in and around New Zealand, our longest stint was 4 months. BK hostel is clean, friendly and in a fantastic location. The owner was so helpful and is always about for any questions about the area or things to do. The rooms are clean and of a basic standard, but what more do you need than a bed and storage space. The hostel is located on Karangehape Road which is a mere 5 minute walk to the main CBD of Auckland, shops, restaurants and bars and the airport bus picks up down the road. I will definitely be going back when I return to New Zealand and very much look forward to staying there.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple