“Good Accommodation close to Central City”

Auckland Newmarket Motel
Ranked #59 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Wellington, New Zealand
“Good Accommodation close to Central City”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

The room was were clean and tidy, and looked like they had recently been refurbished. It was located within close proximity to shops and the CBD, and was well serviced by bus routes which ran at regular intervals. Easy to find and located close to motorway on ramps which was handy. Would have been nice to have some form of cooling system, as rooms did get stuffy at night. All and all a nice place to stay and well priced.

Room Tip: If you go for the lower end option on price, you do not get your room serviced daily
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Huntly, New Zealand
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We were delighted to find that contrary to some other reviews, the staff were a pleasure to deal with, very helpful and booked 18 of us into the restaurant on site, to ensure that our needs were catered for in every sense.
We mostly booked the motel out and the rooms were comfortable, clean and roomy. Certainly value for money. We ordered the breakfast in our room, which was very good, cooked and presented well with appropriate seating in the room.
What is more, the food in the restaurant was excellent, speedy service, had queues out the door which always indicates a good deal. The food was great and we really appreciated the extras they gave us.
All in all a very good stay for those of us who were at a conference. Thank you to all.

Room Tip: The ground room was certainly very roomy and no traffic noise. Even the studio rooms were great valu...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Blue Mountains Australia
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Room smelt so badly of paint or lacquer we had to ask for another room. We then paid extra for the upgrade. There was no air-conditioning so we had to leave the windows open all night and suffer the traffic noise. I chose this hotel because it had parking, but you can do better closer to the city. Yes the WIFI is stingy and works so slowly.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Auckland
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I stayed here in a long-stay room because of the reviews. What a nightmare!! If you value your sleep and aren't a heavy sleeper then I'd suggest staying away.

The room is on the ground floor and the noise from upstairs was so loud that it woke me up three of the four nights that I stayed (only because there were no guests on one of the nights, but on that morning the dumpster truck banged around right outside my window at 6am on the Saturday morning).

The floor above is so thin I could hear everything, including mumbled voices and the TV, so footsteps were like a herd of elephants in the middle of the night. If you wanted to sleep in and the guests checked out upstairs, the noises during cleaning were even worse!!

The motel only gives you one hour of free wifi for the ENTIRE stay. My room had hardly any cell reception so I had to go outside every time I had to use my phone. There was a pubic hair in the basin and rubbish in the bin when I first arrived. I also inherited six flea bites while staying there!!

I complained about the noise after the first night but the owners just brushed it off saying that the floors had been soundproofed. On the last night the guests upstairs were up til after 3 in the morning! I left there very tired and disgruntled.

Btw, I'm not a fussy traveller - have travelled around the world staying in guest houses and hostels, and I very very rarely complain.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
UK
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I stayed there last weekend in the luxury suite and it's very nice and clean. I enjoyed spending time in the spa bath after my walking to shops at New market. I love the location-easy to reach from the airport(just go straight on and on), close to Newmarket shopping area and the bus stop at your doorstep.- if you want to go further eg. Parnell village, museum. There are plenty of off street parking which is very convenient. Not to mention how friendly the staff were. I can’t wait to go back there again. Thank you for your wonderful hospitality.

Room Tip: Spend a bit more and get the luxury suite -nice and comfy!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This has got to be the best motel anywhere. Fantastic accomodation, great staff, and a caring attitude. What more can you ask for. The motel is ideally placed for transport into the city and airport, and close to Newmarket, one of the great shopping centers. I can't rate this accomodation highly enough.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
London
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Good value, modern and clean. A pleasant place to stay with friendly staff.

Room Tip: Choose a room that has been refurbished
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julie_AlanLondon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auckland
Alpers Lodge
#51 of 67 in Auckland
Epsom Motel
Epsom Motel
#1 of 8 in Epsom

Been to Auckland Newmarket Motel? Share your experiences!