“Clean and modern apartment with great location..”

Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments
Ranked #24 of 123 Specialty Lodging in Auckland
Darwin, Australia
“Clean and modern apartment with great location..”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This apartment is quite small however it does the job. The best term is "compact", it has everything that you need. The bed was comfy, the bathroom was clean, the sofa was okay, there were stove, fridge, knife, microwave and all basic kitchen utensils. We made our sandwiches before proceeding to Hobbiton the next morning. It was a lovely stay and I would definitely come back. A big hint for travellers visiting Auckland, if you decide to catch taxi, get Discount Taxi not other taxi. Call ur hotel to arrange or call the taxi to arrange to pick you up from the airport because they have fixed priced of Airport-any hotel for $35. We didnt know this and paid $92! Please save your money coz Auckland isnt the cheapest city!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Conveniently located in the middle of the city, with ocean view from the last floor. Spacious room, perfectly clean, well-equipped kitchenette and comfortable beds. In walking distance to all main attractions in this beautiful city. Silent place. Friendly staff. Reasonable price. I do recommend this aparthotel.

Room Tip: Great view from the last floor
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Was here with the family and stayed in two bedroom apartment. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean and kitchen had utensils for use, which made it easier for us to cook. Manager was very helpful and well versed with the area, which made it easier for us to go around.

Room Tip: Suitable for families.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed here for a week during Burno Mars concert - had a wonderful experience, polite staff, excellent management. Its close to the city, the rooms are very clean and spacious. Had booked a one bedroom appartment with two bathrooms, got good facilities.

Room Tip: One bedroom appartment are good and have two bathrooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Very central Auckland location near Queen Street and the Universities areas of Auckland.Very clean nad sapcious 1 bedroom with 2 bathroom serviced apartment based on a bargain valur weekly rate.Has good internet and average Gym on the ground fllor.Secured place to satay for females and good onsite management- recommended by me

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed March 18, 2014

To begin with, they didn't put much effort into welcoming me to the hotel and the unacceptable service continued. The TV didn't work and after calling reception with no answer I went to reception and asked for it to be fixed. No one ever came to fix it. The next morning I explained what had happened and was made to feel like it was my fault it didn't work. I asked for some type of compensation and was rudely told that he would speak to the manager. I unfortunately had a room booked for the second night and when I returned to the hotel the reason was the a plug wasn't in porperly - not my fault although it was made to feel that way. I was rudely told that the room hadn't been paid for which surprised me since paypal had said the debit had come from my account. Finally I met the manager who was patronising but eventually agreed to wipe the car parking fee to cover the TV fault.
In summary - bad service, average room, no facecloths or complementary toiletries, poor up keep (curtains off the run). Not what the pictures would tell you!

Room Tip: 1 bedroom room has two bathrooms if you want a second bed in the lounge. 2 bedroom rooms has only o...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Katie C
WaldorfApartments, Manager at Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Katie C,

Thank for your reveiew. I am very disappointed to hear about your bad experince with us. This is not our normal operating standards. Let me assure you that we have taken all measure action to make sure that this dosen't happen in future.

We would like you to give us another chance to show you our best service and to ensure you that this not our operating standard. Please send me an email on tetrapm@waldorf.co.nz when visiting Auckland next time.

Kind regards

Ajit Gill

Travelers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed March 18, 2014

These apartments have been well designed and built and then neglected by incompetent management.
The one bedroom apartment smelled badly until I realised it was dirty rancid oil accumulated in the cooker fan filter that obviously had not been cleaned for many weeks. I spent an hour scrubbing it with my own shower soaps - the office was closed - to get rid of the smell.
The lounge settee was filthy as well so I layed a towel over it before sitting down.
Of the four days I was there the lifts were out of action for two full days - I was on the seventh floor and I am partially disabled so it took me more 15 minutes each time to climb painfully up the stairs.

Lots of promises and apologies to fix it but little genuine action. Sack the manager

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Wayne H
Dear Wayne H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us . Guest feedback is very important to us and all comments, both positive and negative, are taken very seriously.

Please accept my sincere apologies for disappointing aspects of your stay. I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not our operating standard. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at tetrapm@waldorf.co.nz if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.

Kind regards