Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$111
$96
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
$167
$241
$210
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$137
$103
  • Restaurant
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$136
  • Breakfast included
$200
$184
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$131
$114
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$205
$131
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsbedroom apartmentqueen streetwakefield streetbudget accommodationcentral locationauckland cityclose to townground floorlaundry roomconvenience storecar parkingper daysmall kitchenettestayed for nightslounge areasky toweraut
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had a group of 8people. The two 2 bedroom apartments werew spacious. The photos you find online are pretty accurate. We had rooms on the higher floors 8 & 10 and could easily fit the 4 people we had per apartment. The apartments and beds were comfy . The washer and dryer were located in a communal alundry on the ground floor about 4 hours. The adjoin carparks was ok.Personally I think .it was a very good value for money for Auckland stay.the apartments were well looked after. .Would definately stay there again. Prices were very resonable and the 50cent bus we used to get around the city was just at the end of the road which was a bonus. Walking up that hill to Sky Tower was quite quick..We had people sharing rooms doing there own thing at different times so it was convenient to have the .reception service. That way we just left the key at reception to be collected when the first people returned.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank maloon2222
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Has taken me a while to get around to writing this review, but here is is never the less. After calling ahead asking if a room would be ready and told it would be, I arrived only 30 minutes before check-in to be told that no room was ready and to come back in an hour. I understand that there was a VERY massive concert on for the four days however, to have no room until after check-in felt a bit weird.

Upon getting to the room, it smelt funny, like old wet carpet. The bathroom had hair all through the shower, the toilet still had stains in it and weirdest of all. Stains on the bedspread and sheets. Even through I paid a cheaper rate, a hostel would have been better. VERY disappointed. Much better places to stay in Auckland and for cheaper too...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Timmyb15
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here, the rooms are decent and the location is central, and would stay again without hesitation as long as the hotel hits the price point. They are listed as a budget accommodation but this accommodation is much better than a budget accommodation. The .. In the three nights we stay in the apartment , they came once to service the room which is fine with me. I didn't do breakfast in the coffee shop as i used the kitchen the gym was ok... Plenty of pros, pretty clean, great and cheap internet service, central location. The beds were also firm, and the shower was awesome pressure, awesome shower.

The front staff was helpful .I spent many of nights in many different hotels and could apreciate Tetra.you are looking for honeymoon treatment on a holiday you would be better suited at a upscale property in Auckland City.This one is a very good value and I enjoyed my stay and I will return if the price is firm.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank bondain2013
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The building and decor were good, nice and new(ish) and clean. The location was also fine if you don't mind heading straight up a steep hill on your way back from the city.

However, the staff here were completely disorganised - there were never fewer than about four people waiting every time I went to the front desk - the staff were looking for receipts, recoding access cards, all of this whilst moving very slowly. There was plenty of frustrated sighing as everyone waited their turn in the small lobby.

Next, I openly admit I made an error in my original booking, meaning that I needed to add an extra night to my stay when I arrived. To accommodate this, I was moved from the 11th floor to a room on the ground floor, which ended up being very hot and looked out at a brick wall a couple of metres away. I figured this was ok though as I had made the original error and could put up with an average room because of it. I paid $120 more than my original booking amount, went to my room and forgot about it.

Next thing I know, the day before I am supposed to leave, I got two phone calls from the hotel - telling me I had to get my stuff out because I was meant to check out today - I checked my booking documents and told them that no, I was staying another night. I got another phone call back and was told it was their mistake, not to worry, all sorted.

Of course, that wasn't the end of it. When I came to check out the next day I was told I had another $120 to pay 'for the extra night' !!

I was getting pretty frustrated with their lack of organisation by this time, and explained YET AGAIN what had happened (pretty sure I spoke to the same guy every time, but he never seemed to remember). He then insisted I still owed them the $120, and when I checked the bill it was still only dated for the original number of nights. So the receipt hadn't been updated even though I had paid the extra $120 at the start. Another mistake of theirs. Then, he tried telling me that the mistake was that I hadn't been charged the 'surcharge' for staying when Justin Bieber was in town (the very first night of the trip!). And apparently the price for that one night was an extra $120! How convenient and also ridiculous! $240 a night in a room looking at a brick wall with no airconditioning and no cleaning service at all??

He wouldn't back down and was really quite rude about it, so I had to pay ANOTHER $120 more than I was expecting.

Considering that the original price quoted to me on Booking.com was $103 a night, I was really unhappy with this - could have stayed somewhere much better, nicer, with room cleaning, and closer to town for this price!

I would NEVER stay here again!

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor at all costs - airless and hot, views of a brick wall. Terrible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed three nights in early November 2013 I selected superior one bedroom apartment and we were on the 7h floor, . First impressions were of a very clean, well appointed room. No noise to speak of, helped I am sure by being high in the building and away from the street. We had free internet service.The reception staff were very helpfull, and the .carpark reasonable at $20 per night. Location great and handy to the city. I found the bianco to be very good value at a good price and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family