“History & Beers...Nice!”

The Bluestone Room
Ranked #148 of 2,353 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Bluestone Room is situated in the oldest commercial building in Auckland. Combining the character of a superbly restored heritage building with modern craft beer and a gastro pub menu. The Bluestone Room contains a downstairs restaurant and bar area open to the public seven days and a private upstairs premium function venue with the ability to host a range of functions including, private shows, weddings, corporate functions & conferences, private parties and more.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

If you enjoy beer and in particular New Zealand's' Monteiths, then you'll enjoy this place. Nicely positioned away from the maddening crowds of the main road, so when you find it, and truth be told its not that hard, you'll find other like minded people.
A large selection of tap beer to choose from with the option of food (multiple courses) on the side. We had just arrived in NZ after crossing the ditch and stumbled upon The Bluestone Room out the backdoor of the hotel. A few beers and some tasty bar food was just what weary travellers were looking for to ease into the holiday.
Architecturally, the mix of solid and robust woods and exposed stone makes the establishment warm and comfortable. The open fireplace played its part as well.
Historically, the venue has significant meaning within the Auckland landscape, as it is the site of Auckland's first well. A plaque is there on the floor to record the historical fact.
For those interested in darts, you're covered, with a number of boards and a defined area for play.
It was busy without being packed, with revellers enjoying the hospitality both inside and out. The staff were alert when you approached the bar and orders taken and dispatched quickly and happily.
The Bluestone Room would make a great regular hangout.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were going to see Deb Webbber upstairs at 7.30. I thought it would be a good idea to book a table for dinner because "I thought it would be busy". Obviously they did not. We arrived at 6.00pm and were seated immediatley. At 6.15 our drinks arrived and the waitress took our food orders. My first choice entree was not available that night so I had to settle for second best. You could have knocked me down with a feather when told my first choice main was not available either! This was their specialty pie. I settled for fish and chips. My wife wanted ribs and when questioned about portion size the waitress said they were small, so my wife ordered the larger of the 2 options. Our mains arrived at 7.20 after some enquiries were made to the waitress. My wifes plate was bigger than a tray with half a cow on it! Any other time this would have been awesome but not with 10 minutes till "showtime". We had to rush our food and had no time to try and enjoy it. They knew we going to the show so should have been quicker and more informative. On paying the bill the waitress said "I hope she talks to you". I replied "I hope she talks to your chef". All in all not a very good experience. If attending any function upstairs I would reccomend eating elswhere first.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I came here for my 20th birthday and as soon as I walked in the staff were very friendly and helpful. It was a VERY busy night but they still went out of their way securing me two tables for a large group of my friends. They also offered me a couple of drinks on the house as a birthday present! The drinks we're tasty and refreshing and the atmosphere was great. Good music too. It is also in a great location, close to the viaduct and various clubs. Will defiantly come here again.

Bluestone R, Manager at The Bluestone Room, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thanks very much for your kind feedback! We are pleased to enjoyed spending your birthday with us. It would be great to have you back again soon. We have a new promotion running every Thursdays for Students and new entertainment on Saturday nights with the Eclipse Djs. Check out our Facebook page for more info. Thanks, Chelsea

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

While the order was taken quickly the lunch took 40 minutes to arrive. Too slow when only 3 tables occupied on a Monday. Food was uninteresting. Avoid.

Bluestone R, Manager at The Bluestone Room, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Hi There, Thanks very much for taking the time to submit feedback on your experience with us.
Just so I can gather the relevant information, can you please provide a bit more detail on what you had, who you were dining with and confirm it was Monday of this week. Having this information will provide us the details to identify what happened so we can come back to you with an accurate explanation. Please email me directly functions@thebluestoneroom.co.nz. Thanks, Kind Regards,
Chelsea

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This place was just behind our hotel and we are so glad we ate here, everyone enjoyed their meals and the fish and chips was some of the best I have ever had. They were very accommodating to our entire family with ages from 3 through to 83 in our party, everyone thoroughly enjoyed this place, highly recommended.