“Good Food, Great Beer”

The Bluestone Room
Ranked #156 of 2,359 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Bluestone Room is situated in the oldest commercial building in Auckland. Combining the character of a superbly restored heritage building with modern craft beer and a gastro pub menu. The Bluestone Room contains a downstairs restaurant and bar area open to the public seven days and a private upstairs premium function venue with the ability to host a range of functions including, private shows, weddings, corporate functions & conferences, private parties and more.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

It was our first time to Auckland and our party of 3 couples were staying at a hotel close to The Bluestone Room. I had read on TA that this restaurant was very, very close to where we were staying and it was rated #28 out of 948 restaurants.

At first, I couldn't find the bar/restaurant. It's located on a small side street between Albert and Queen Streets. In fact, when I finally found it, it was located right next to where I was staying.

We walked in around noon on a Friday to check their menu for dinner and I noticed they have every brand of Monteith's beer on draught. I love Monteith's beer. Wow, I thought this was destiny - good food and great beer right next to where I'm staying.

Sad to say, we were told that they don't serve dinners on Friday night. You see, Friday night is more for snacks and drinks. What a disappointment. Anyway, we decided to have lunch there at least. As stated above, the food was very good, nothing fancy but good. Of course the beer was excellent.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were in the city for our wedding anniversary and and decide to try this place based on Tripadviser reviews and proximity to our hotel. From the time we walked in to the bustling bar, we were greeted and seated like an upmarekt seated restuarant. The service was profesional and friendly and not too rushed and the wines available by the glass were varied.

We ordered the 200g steak and the lamb shanks and were not disappointed with the flavours, quality of preparation and size of the meals. The steak was cooked to perfection (I like it rare which I find isn't always cooked that way) and the lamb just fell off the bone. Despite being two for one desserts Tuesday we couldn' eat anymore, as the mains were more than enough for us.

Overall the experience lived up the our expectaions after reading previous reviews and we will definitely be eating there again.

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Do not leave Auckland without visiting this place.
Excelent food and beer...for me the best lamb shank in Auckland .
Must go !

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The evening was getting a little windy and cold so we stopped in this bar because it looked warm and inviting. My partner spotted some of the other punters sharing a drink from these massive towers so we were intringed. They are Bluestone towers and are filled up with approx 4 pints of your chosen draught beer. So we settled in and had a very nice evening indeed.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

J.A Jukes has been voted by his peers as Playa of the Weekend

1.Hooks corporates up with GOAT feed ( 2 pizzas, 2 jugs of beer)
2.Gets flight centre chicks business card, after indept convo at bluestone, mad work was put in.
3.Goes nuts when hears a KP song
4.Attempts to steel a jug from Bluestone room, gets caught and hands it back.
5.gets in confrontation with two chicks over sexist remarks, one attempts to step him out and threatens to give him the bash
6.Grinds on ethnic girl
7.does several press ups in middle of the road on intersection Queen street and customs street, attracts shawties
8.Gives a blondee his business card
9.Starts a confrontation with said Mangree east boys, and doesn’t back down (you chirpin off)