As many other have mentioned, this hotel is very convenient to everything in downtown Auckland but is also apparently right in the middle of action on weekend nights. I only spend one night here, a Saturday night, and the drunks and noise from outside was constant and loud from midnight until 5am. I had a room on the 5th floor, so higher floors might be better. But I was surprised at how loud and drunk the people outside were all night, even with the windows closed. The room itself was quite nice; clean, with plenty of hot water, with great water pressure. I got the room thru Orbitz, and had supposedly free internet, but they limited it to 200mb. Now a days, you can use that up easily. I had parked my car right next door in a Wilson car park, and it was only $9 for the night. I left early so not sure if that rate goes well into the morning. There was only one person at the reception, and while competent, he was quite busy, and could easily become overwhelmed if more than one group had problems. The reception area itself was very small, adjacent to the elevators. As others have mentioned, getting out of the elevator the concrete walls seems to give a somewhat cold feeling, but again, the rooms were fine. Being on the 5th floor, I had only a view of other buildings and courtyard. I cannot blame the hotel for the noise outside, but it did tend to harm my short experience here. Not sure if the noise is as bad during the week, but surely be prepared for it if you stay on weekends. Otherwise, for what the hotel charged me thru Orbitz, I was pleased with my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Qualmark 4.5 star rated Barlcay Suites Auckland is only 100 metres from Queen St, in the heart of the CBD - and look out for fresh new suite decor in 2014! With an average of 50 sq metres per suite, there are 110 one or two bedroom configurations to choose from. Each suite is fitted with contemporary furnishings, quality kitchen and laundry appliances along with full self catering facilities. A special feature in all two bedroom suites is the inclusion of two bathrooms. We have thought of everything for your stay - flat screen TV, SKY TV, broadband internet access (fee applies), stereo with iPod/MP3 playout to name just a few of our features. Enjoy the sparkle of the Waitemata Harbour from our Harbour View suites or enjoy the fast pace of the city in our CBD View suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barclay Suites Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chifley Suites Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Barclay Suites Auckland New Zealand