I recently returned from a 3 week stay in this serviced hotel/apartment, it is rated 4.5 stars, but beware European travelers it is equal to a low 3 star. Our room had an air of grubbiness to it, dirty cushions, window blinds stained, dirty windows, visible streak marks on cupboard doors. Bed linen was a polyester/cotton mix, would have expected pure cotton. Some of the crockery was chipped and there was a cheap white chopping board supplied which had yellow staining on it, while I am aware that these boards stain easily, they are cheap and easily replaceable alternatively use a different color or ceramic/glass ones. Room service was very lax, sheets were changed and towels replaced, floors vacuumed but vacuum cleaner not supplied as stated, no dusting, I actually wrote "dust me" and "dust me too" on tv and tv stand, but after two days could wait no longer and bought furniture polish. Also lift was out of service for several leaving only one to service all 25 floors as we were high up using the stairs was out of the question, they did apologise but only after 3 days. Reception staff very friendly and helpful, but area very small and tight if more than 6 people in it, it feels claustrophobic. Parking is very expensive about €20 per 24 hr period cheaper option is available but car must be removed by 6 a.m. or charged €3 every half hour thereafter. Internet service also available but also expensive, Sky TV refers to one sky movie channel and one sky TV channel, 2 sports and sky news and MTV, we lost one channel half way through, was expecting better really. If I had booked 3 star I would have got what I expected, but having saved for this trip was disappointed with accomodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Qualmark 4.5 star rated Barlcay Suites Auckland is only 100 metres from Queen St, in the heart of the CBD - and look out for fresh new suite decor in 2014! With an average of 50 sq metres per suite, there are 110 one or two bedroom configurations to choose from. Each suite is fitted with contemporary furnishings, quality kitchen and laundry appliances along with full self catering facilities. A special feature in all two bedroom suites is the inclusion of two bathrooms. We have thought of everything for your stay - flat screen TV, SKY TV, broadband internet access (fee applies), stereo with iPod/MP3 playout to name just a few of our features. Enjoy the sparkle of the Waitemata Harbour from our Harbour View suites or enjoy the fast pace of the city in our CBD View suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Barclay Suites Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chifley Suites Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Barclay Suites Auckland New Zealand