Stayed at the Barclay on a Saturday night for a trip into "town." Very economical price and satisfying stay for the one bed suite. Our room was on the 23rd floor. Fitted out with most basic of furniture and décor. With two couches and a table and chairs. Kitchenette had enough basics for mid length stay if you required it. There was a lingering musty smell, but I think that someone previous might have flooded the apartment as the carpet was a little warped over by the bathroom. But the location and size of the room is very generous. Yes there was a little noise, but you are in a city, open the windows and linger on the little balcony to lap up the usual experience that most apartment dwellers in Auckland have. There was no AC but we survived. This would only be a tragic "first world problem" for the most fussy travellers. Put the blinds down and the heat from the sun will subdue. The reception staff and manager were very friendly and helpful. This is not a luxury 5 star rated accommodation, so if you are considering staying here please do not expect to have that kind of service and décor. But if you are like most, and the want to go out and "see" the city and have a great base set off from. Then get excellent advice from the desk staff and a safe, good sized room with kitchen and laundry amenities in your own room then this is the place. There is even Sky TV with movies if you want to stay in and put your feet up to relax before you pop out to walk around the city again. To summarise, Yes we would stay again when we want simple and generously sized accommodation that is very very economical in Auckland Central.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Qualmark 4.5 star rated Barlcay Suites Auckland is only 100 metres from Queen St, in the heart of the CBD - and look out for fresh new suite decor in 2014! With an average of 50 sq metres per suite, there are 110 one or two bedroom configurations to choose from. Each suite is fitted with contemporary furnishings, quality kitchen and laundry appliances along with full self catering facilities. A special feature in all two bedroom suites is the inclusion of two bathrooms. We have thought of everything for your stay - flat screen TV, SKY TV, broadband internet access (fee applies), stereo with iPod/MP3 playout to name just a few of our features. Enjoy the sparkle of the Waitemata Harbour from our Harbour View suites or enjoy the fast pace of the city in our CBD View suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barclay Suites Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chifley Suites Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Barclay Suites Auckland New Zealand