“Wonderful host”
Review of Off Broadway Motel

Off Broadway Motel
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The owner/ manager is such a lovely lady that she made my stay very pleasant. I felt needy to start with as I was on my own and feeling 'fragile'. She gave me good directions helped me with my concerns while smiling all the time. The hotel is lovely and large with everything that is needed. Microwave and toaster. There is beautiful thick warm woollen blankets in the drawers which was very thankful when I became unwell. I felt like it was my home.
The car park was very safe

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Off Broadway Motel

Reviewed May 22, 2013

A lovely friendly, tidy and clean motel to stay in, in Central Auckland. Very good value for money. Highly recommended, will definitely stay here again...especially as this is an affordable motel. Thanks so much for being so kind to us.

Room Tip: Up on top floor provides good outllook.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Off Broadway has certainly raised its standards since our last visit and made our recent stay a pleasure. Or should I say, "as much of a pleasure as possible," because we were down for my wife's colonoscopy a few blocks away at Mercy Epsom. Our room was spacious and well appointed and had twin beds, which, under the circumstances was perfect. The balcony meant we could both sit outside and watch the passing parade of traffic in Newmarket and on the motorway. But once the doors were closed we couldn't hear the traffic or any outside noise. The airconditioning was quiet and efficient, as was the little refrigerator... and the large flat screen TV made being room bound the next day a lot easier.

Our host was both welcoming and accommodating. We were treated as honoured guests. There are plenty of other accommodation choices in the immediate vicinity, but we'd always choose Off Broadway and have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

Room Tip: We always ask for the top floor (Floor 3) because they have balconies and views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I am happy to write this review of my experience at Off Braodway Motel.
From the initial phone call the previous day before my stay, I found the motel staff to be extremely accomodating of my needs which included an early check-in (due to attending a function that would run late) and my request for a late check-out,
The room was a one-bedroom unit with spabath and with it's own balcony. I found the fixtures and fittings all to be of the great quality including linens and towels etc. (The Plunger Coffee was appreciated in the morning :-).
The super-sized king bed was definately the most comfortable I have had in any Hotel/Motel and I can not emphasis the wonderful quaility feather pillows here more!
Parking is secure, underneath the building (you can even check on it via a TV Channel from your room). Overall, one of the better places i have stayed in Auckland. Location is great too, just up from Newmaket shopping centre.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2012

we stayed overnight with no hassles at all! they were considerate enough to provide us with an extra mattress for a fourth person traveling with us.
the bathroom was big and very clean. i like the idea of the shampoo and soap dispenser - so that people don't take them home afterwards. the beds were comfortable and the heater worked! some of the extra linens weren't clean though and we could hear the heavy footsteps of the upstairs guests and the noisy tele from the room next to ours. but otherwise we had a goodnights sleep!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ela1024
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed for two weeks at this excellent motel in New market while on a holiday to New Zealand. Great friendly service with all the facilities for a unforgettable stay with your family. Big family rooms were spotlessly clean and well maintained with a mini bar, microwave and other essentials for a comfortable stay. Our host Germaine looked into all our needs and went the extra yard to make our holiday a memorable one.

Rohan De Silva

Room Tip: Check the family rooms in the second floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rohan D
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights. Arrived to a friendly receptionist and a complimentary upgrade to a big room on the top floor. Neat and clean, and well maintained apart from some water damage to the ceiling in the bathroom. Excellent shower and the bed was really comfortable. We chose this motel for location. A bit of traffic noise during the night but not too bad considering its on Alpers Ave. Noisy fridge didn't help either but apart from that it was a good deal.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lazzaNP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auckland Central
Alpers Lodge
Alpers Lodge
#56 of 66 in Auckland Central
Quality Suites Alexander Inn
Best Western Newmarket Inn & Suites
Best Western Newmarket Inn & Sui...
#17 of 131 in Auckland Central
Quest Newmarket Serviced Apartments
Quest Newmarket Serviced Apartme...
#13 of 131 in Auckland Central
Eden Park Bed & Breakfast
Eden Park Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 63 in Auckland Central
ASURE AT Eden Park
ASURE AT Eden Park
#1 of 2 in Mount Eden

Been to Off Broadway Motel? Share your experiences!