“Dinner at Red Elephant”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Auckland Central, New Zealand
“Dinner at Red Elephant”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

It is one place which mixes beautiful ambiance, quick decent service and one of the most delicious Thai food in Auckland. Unlike city restaurants car parking is not a problem. After food invoice kept me smiling.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank DrBassi28

• Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Amazing Thai Food”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I came here on a quiet night but was blown away by the beautiful Thai Food. The staff were very helpful when we told them we wanted to eat vegetarian and bought out a wonderful selection of various starters and mains. The food was beautifully cooked and tasted very authentic,

The staff were lovely, constantly topping up our water and checking if we had enough rice. we were also made some very night cocktails that made our meal even more perfect!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank thecoup
Auckland, New Zealand
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I have been here many times and have never been disappointed. The food is great and the service is charming, inobtrusive and polite. The food is outstanding. Tonight's meal prompted me to write this review. I'm vegan, and there is a separate part of the menu for vegetarians. The matre-de came and checked with me that one of the dishes had egg in it and did I still want it? I said no, and it came perfectly without any egg.
The wine list is superb, when we lived within walking distance we always shared a bottle of wine, now we've moved we have to drive - but there are a good selection of wines by the glass. The wines are great, not vastly marked up cheapos - but good wine at good prices. I had a glass of Mt Difficulty pinot gris for $12 and it was a generous glass too.
The food tonight was just superb, there is nothing I can fault (and I am very picky) - just really good Thai food, fresh ingredients and perfectly spiced and seasoned.
Definately worth a visit - and our return visits!

• Visited January 2013
New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand
“Love the food & service!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a great restaurant for those who love Thai food. The food is very authentic and big portion. As a Thai person myself, this restaurant made me feel like I was back in Thailand because their food are not too Europeanized.
Excellent food selections
Excellent beverage selections
Great service provided
THank you guys!

• Visited October 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Best Thai in Auckland”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Has to be the best Thai restaurant in Auckland, we tried many others and the food here is really great. The spicy ratings are also very accurate - if they say 'medium' it's really quite hot.

Prices are not cheap but it's worth it to get good quality food. Service is quick and attentive but not overbearing.

Highly recommended.