Stayed in the double ensuite for two nights. Very clean room if slightly on the small side but comfortable. Despite being near the road it was quite quiet. Communal kitchen good, well equipped. Lounge nice and plenty of seating inside and outside on the verandahs. Location was a 20 minute or so walk into the city centre. Not massively central but ok. Couple minutes walk from ponsonby road which had good bars/restaurants. Area hostel was located in didn't feel entirely safe to walk around at night, especially if your on your own. Friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verandahs Backpackers comprises of 2 beautiful Victorian Villa's built in late 1800's and early 1900's, renovated to surpass their original grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Verandahs Backpackers Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandahs Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Verandahs Backpackers Lodge Auckland, New Zealand