“A Pea in a Pod”

SkyWalk Auckland
$121.67*
Auckland Harbour Bridge Bungy Jump
More attraction details
Owner description: AJ Hackett Bungy offers exclusive access to the Auckland Harbour Bridge which stretches over the Westhaven Marina. The magnificent views can be enjoyed on the Auckland Bridge Climb, an unforgettable adventure that takes climbers under, around, up and over the historic Auckland Harbour Bridge. This suspended span bridge, was the last of its kind to be built in the world, comprised of 3000 berths and is the largest in the southern hemisphere. Custom engineered walkways provide a safe, enjoyable and easy-going experience while you listen to full commentary from your tour guide and enjoy the great photo opportunities and view Bungy Jumping up close.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Chicago, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A Pea in a Pod”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The bridge walk to the jumping pod was pretty cool. There is an extra fee for friends/family who want to tag along to watch the jump from the bridge. Little ones must meet a weight limit in order to fit into the harness (even for the walk). No cell phones. Watchers may carry a camera. The music in the pod was ear-shattering, but I think they did that to hide the screams and scramble our brains, so that we didn't chicken out on the jump. You don't get dunked unless you ask for it. Only "downside" was that the whole process took about 2.5 hours (for a 2 minute jump).

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland, New Zealand
“AJ Hackett or Nothing!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

An awesome experience! My roommate wanted to bungy jump and I'd just gone in Queenstown a few weeks ago and was ready to go again. We got the cheap deals on bookme.com, which is definitely worth looking for. They offer free pickup to and from the Maritime Museum to get out to the bridge. The staff in the office were super friendly and helpful as we signed in and got ready to go. As I had gone before, I had the option of jumping normally, going backwards, or running off. I wanted to get dunked in the water and the best way is to go backwards so I decided on that one. Up on the platform, I was the first in our group to go and the only one doing anything different. I started to freak out once they got me turned around (because I realized they had to release me over me jumping myself and you can't see!) and tried talking myself out of it. However, the guys were really calm and talked me through it, refusing to meet my demands with a gentle discouragement and continuing with their actions. I'm glad they did because it was an awesome jump and it was a whole different experience from the first time. They were just fantastic! Overall, it was once again an wonderful time that I would gladly do again and again!

Visited July 2013
AJHackettB, Front Office Manager at Auckland Bridge Bungy - AJ Hackett Bungy, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hi Kaley - Sounds like you had a great second Bungy experience! Thanks for the review
Toronto, Canada
355 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 631 helpful votes
“Look for Grab One deals”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This bungee jump (and bridge climb) was a fantastic experience. The staff were great and very accommodating.

It was a major bonus that they have a free shuttle service to pick you up and drop you off at the Harbour in downtown Auckland.

I don’t generally buy the pictures at attractions, but these photos were well done and (surprisingly) well-priced. So I went for the photos too.

More icing on the cake – you get a free t-shirt after your bungee jump. What a souvenir!

What made this experience extra sweet for me what getting it half price ($75) on the Grab One coupon web site. I think this discount is only posted once or twice per year around May/June on the Grab One website, and it’s only posted for 24 hours or until it sells out. I got the Grab One deal on June 4th, 2013, the day before I left for this trip.

Tip: Do not jump feet first. Two days before my jump, I went on a Jet Boat tour in the Harbour. At one point we stopped underneath the bridge to watch someone bungee jump. The person jumped feet first....and he looked like a human whip, with his limbs thrashing about at the bottom of his jump. Everyone in the boat gasped, as it did not look comfortable or good for the body. This made me nervous about my own jump, and quite determined to jump head first!

My only disappointment was not getting a water dip/touch as requested. They adjusted the bungee cord for the water dip to take place, but it didn’t happen. Afterwards, I was told the water level was too low, and my cord was newer (thus less elastic/stretchy than an older cord).

Visited June 2013
1 Thank product-of-canada
Brisbane, Australia
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“view to review”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have climbed more than one harbour bridge and all have their own characteristics which make them each a must to experience. The Auckland bridge has its own tales of death and adventures and when at the top you get a awesome view of the city and harbour

Visited April 2013
AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at Auckland Bridge Bungy - AJ Hackett Bungy, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your review - glad you enjoyed your bridge climb.
“Really good one and absolutely exciting!!!!!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

In order to keep up my words, I did that with my friends, unbelievable I can do it!! Really exciting and unforgettable, good experience!!!!!!!!!!!! 而且我認為這裡的安全設施是值得信任的,貝克漢姆也曾在這裡體驗過哦!(為什麼我的字數還是不夠呢(o_o)?是不是要中文達到五十字?)

Visited May 2013
AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at Auckland Bridge Bungy - AJ Hackett Bungy, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thanks for your recent feedback - much appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to write it in both languages.