“Brilliant”

$89.73*
and up
Auckland Harbour Bridge Climb
More attraction details
Owner description: AJ Hackett Bungy offers exclusive access to the Auckland Harbour Bridge which stretches over the Westhaven Marina. The magnificent views can be enjoyed on the Auckland Bridge Climb, an unforgettable adventure that takes climbers under, around, up and over the historic Auckland Harbour Bridge. This suspended span bridge, was the last of its kind to be built in the world, comprised of 3000 berths and is the largest in the southern hemisphere. Custom engineered walkways provide a safe, enjoyable and easy-going experience while you listen to full commentary from your tour guide and enjoy the great photo opportunities and view Bungy Jumping up close.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Best thing I've ever done. The staff are so friendly and energetic. They are very knowledgeable about the bridge and surrounding area and help boost your confidence before you jump. Will defiantly be doing another jump soon.

Visited December 2012
AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at Auckland Bridge Bungy - AJ Hackett Bungy, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thanks for such great feedback! Hope to see you again soon!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“An awesome Bungy with awesome people”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Me and my friend did the Auckland Bungy on the 15/12/12 the day after we landed in NZ to give a good start to the holiday and it was AWESOME! All the staff were really friendly and helpful from the people checking you in to the people throwing you off the bridge. Its one of those things you just have to do while in NZ! In fact i enjoyed it so much that i went back the day i was leaving NZ to do it again and this time i did it backwards and got dunked in the water. This was even better than doing it forward!! I would recommend this Bungy to anyone out there, its an awesome Bungy in an awesome place with awesome people!

Visited December 2012
What a great start to your holiday! Thanks for such awesome feedback.
Cork, Ireland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A must do”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I had one day in Auckland and was trying to decide what to do. I decided to do my 1st bungy and glad I did it here. It is expensive but at the end of the day you can see why. From the moment I signed in to when I left every member of staff were so helpful and great to deal with.
I felt 100% safe and you could see the staff knew exactly what they were doing. They made the experience and talking to them meant I wasn't as nervous and enjoyed it all that more.
Photos were very good. I went with the DVD and photos. Next time I'll just get the photos because the DVD is over so quick but I needed proof of my 1st jump.
Next time I'm in NZ I will be going back to AJ Hackett Bungy, maybe in Queenstown.

1 Thank JNK883
Thanks for your review – you made a good decision on what to do! We hope to see you in Queenstown sometime soon......
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“You've got to do it!!!!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

This is a great experience for young and old! We did it as a family which was good value but, most of all, something we'll never forget!!!! Very friendly and happy staff which made the experience even better! The feeling you get can't be explained so go and do it! You won't regret it! AND you get a second jump for $60!!!!!

Hobart, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great experience - shame about the reception staff and price of photos/dvd”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The jump was unbelievable - can't even explain the feeling, just unreal. Very scary however I am glad I did it. The guy that assisted me with my jump/getting ready was lovely too and made me feel more at ease (Well however much more at ease you can feel when you're jumping off a bridge haha).
When my partner and I arrived back at the reception area, we were shown 2 lots of photos. 1 set was from our bridge climb, and the other set was from my bungy. They were $45 each set, and approx 6 photos in each set. We couldn't afford to get both, as I was already getting the dvd of my bungy. A lot of the photos of the bridge climb were dark and not fantastic quality (it had started to rain when we were out there), but there was 1 we liked. I told reception we would love to buy a set of the photos, and asked kindly if it was possible to get the bungy set, but swap one of the bungy photos for one of my partner and I on the climb, so we still had a memento from doing it). They were extremely rude and very abruptly said no they could not do that. We were really disappointed, we don't understand why they couldn't do that. We would have been spending more money with them if they could swap just 1 photo out of the folder, however they lost a sale because of this. If they can't do it, then why on earth not, what else will they be doing with the photos?
Anyway, the jump was great but reception staff not so much and the photos are well overpriced. On the note of the dvd, it is great however I wanted to share it with friends on facebook and it appears they have enabled it so I can't do that. This is also quite disappointing for the cost that I paid for it ($45). Considering it cost me $230 to do the bridge climb and jump, and my partner $120 to do just the climb, you would think a memento photo should really be included in that price, as we all know it costs next to nothing to print photos these days.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank 1totravelistolive
AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at Auckland Bridge Bungy - AJ Hackett Bungy, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Hi there,

We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your Bungy and Bridge Climb, but we’re sorry to hear that your experience back at the base wasn’t the best. We have been through your feedback with the team to ensure that the experience is not repeated. In response to the various points you have raised:

• Uploading your video from your DVD to Facebook is possible - you just need software to 'rip' the DVD, and software to convert to a web optimised video. You can Google for software to do this – there are many on the web to use.

• You raise a good point with respect to us offering a better deal for our Bungy and Climb customers who wish to purchase their Photo and Video products for both. In Queenstown we have recently introduced a $20 add on for 2nd activity Photo & Video packs. Given your feedback we will introduce this to Auckland as well, so that customers who purchase their Bungy Photo and Video will be able to get their Bridge Climb photo offering for just $20.

• You made comment that photos don’t cost much to print. We hope you understand that the costs are not just in the printing. There is an enormous cost in the cabling to all of our cameras, the network and server infrastructure, the cost of our crew, and then the actual end consumable.

We hope this brief response adequately responds to your points. Thank you for your feedback – we always like to hear from our customers and to continue to improve our products from such feedback.