“My Favourite Place for Breakfast - Anywhere!”
Review of MELBA

MELBA
Ranked #101 of 2,272 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Melba is one of the few cafes in Auckland that could be called an institution. The original cafe in Vulcan Lane has changed little over the last decade. It's the kind of place both locals and tourists have always felt very comfortable visiting. It was only a matter of time before Melba would take its success beyond the CBD and venture out into the wider Auckland area.
Southampton
“My Favourite Place for Breakfast - Anywhere!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was our second visit to Auckland and breakfast at Cafe Melba was high on our priorities. I had Smashed Avocado & Puhoi Feta which was fantastic, while Jane had the Bacon Buttie which is actually much more than any other bacon buttie you would have had elsewhere. All followed by a cappuccino and an almond croissant. We lingered so long we were late checking out of the hotel but we were on holiday and the hotel didn't seem to mind too much!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bursledon

“Best coffee in the CBD!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Melba have the best coffee in the CBD. I'm always impressed with their dedication to strong customer service even when the cafe is full and coffee line is led out the door!! I enjoy going here because I know that I will get good coffee and good service! And also fantastic egg bene!!

Auckland
“Brilliant service on a busy day”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Cafe Melba was packed on a wet Saturday lunchtime but we couldn't believe how quickly we were served and taken care of... the waiter even came to our table after we ordered and apologised that there would be a 15 minute wait for our meals, but it arrived faster than expected despite the number of customers. This is over and above the service level I would expect at your average cafe.

This is a very pleasant spot to have a weekend brunch, actually even more so on a grey day, and while the prices are High St levels, the food was good and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Both of us had burgers, which were moist and generously sized. Very tasty garlic aioli enhanced the flavour. More fries would have been good perhaps! Good coffee also.

Townsville
“Interesting menu”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Visited Auckland recently and had difficulty finding a good breakfast place. Thankfully we found this place. I really enjoyed the coffee and both breakfasts.

Visited April 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
“My favourite place for breakfast/brunch in Auckland CBD”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have been to Cafe Melba, Vulcan Lane numerous times. It is ALWAYS busy. Which is a very good indication. It's only a small cafe and with efficient and helpful staff we have always managed to be seated very promptly. Every time I leave feeling pleased and satisfied about all cafe dining experience - Coffee, food, atmosphere and service.
My favourite dish is the smoked salmon hash - which is a smoked salmon and dill potato mash, topped with a perfectly poached egg and hollandaise sauce - beautifully garnished. Delicious!
The coffee is lovely. Never burnt or bitter. Very good barista. I paid NZ$20 for the salmon breakfast dish and my latte coffee which I thought was very good value.
If the weather is fine and you are lucky enough to get a table outside, Vulcan Lane is a charming, paved, pedestrian only street which is pleasant to sit and enjoy your caffeine fix and/or meals.

1 Thank Amber Y