“Never been so embarrassed for inappropriate reson! hospitality sucked” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Classic Comedy and Bar

Classic Comedy and Bar
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Never been so embarrassed for inappropriate reson! hospitality sucked”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Unfortunately the service was worse I've seen, Group of 4 of us went to have a few drinks and laughs at the classic Saturday night for my husbands birthday when first.
We walked in and asked if there is another show at 10.30 as it was 10.pm and the bar lady said yes there is it is up stairs, 'cool can we please get 4 tickets to that and 4 shots please' Sweet 4 shots were $38 I thought bit expensive but all good we are here with no kids let's make the most of it,
we had our shot. 1 ONE Each and then tried...... to order a drink to have while we waited the next 30min and was very rudely replied to. 'No I don't want you 4 getting drunk and hassling my comedians' where my friend replied we have had one shot and asked for a drink? did we do something wrong?!!!!
we thought sweet were not going to be judged whatever her prob was like that, so went to this neat place next door, (they have the coolest lights) for 20 min for a quick drink.
up stair bar man was just as rude, and love the wattered down spirit's too! was not impressed.
finally entertainment started Tim I think it was. Awsome loved it even thought u did pick on my partner lol Courtney...
please note in my rant I'm not complaining about the acts, there were fantastic! but service....
At the end my partner was accused of bringing drinks into the show infront of everyone, which was most embarrassing and not correct. so cheers for the epic fail of a night guys! won't be back to the classic but look forward to seeing the talent elsewhere. classic note if you read this
It was a couples night 2 blonds and 2 dudes in check shirts lol or as you say a crack heads shirt :)
yes Tim that was us 4. we girls sat at the end as we didn't want to get stuck next to your friend Jess and Beach Haven boy, who was the culprits!

Visited May 2013

Auckland, New Zealand
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Don't miss kiwi comedy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Kiwi comedians are bloody brilliant. If you come to NZ catch a late show and I 100% guarantee it will be the beat bang for your buck you get. The classic will cost you 10-15 dollars and the drinks are cheap. What the locals do is hit the excellent Japanese place "Tanukis cave" (which does not take bookings but is worth waiting for) before you hit some seriously funny comedy. Thursday, Friday and Saturday are best unless you like the scarce awkward laughs of frightened amateurs

Visited December 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Cheap and, mostly, funny”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Went on a whim. It was open mic night so some of the comedians were great, some were good, the rest were terrible but that's what you (not) paid for. However, some of the great comedians (try naming some) have played this place so you might get a gem. So go along and be prepared for a varied show at a great price.

If you are staying in central Auckland then you can walk their quite easily. There are bus routes to it as well as it is on the main high street.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank TheBob623
chippenham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Cheap Entertainment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I went on a Monday evening in order to see ten acts bluster their way through what, for some, was a first performance. It only cost $5 for heaven's sake and you can enhance your visit with a drink from the bar. I actually enjoyed a budget few hours and, if you can stand the nerves on the faces of some of these performers then check out Monday evenings!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank kju56
Christchurch
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

OK, the outside and lobby arn't that flash, but the performers are fantastic and by the end of the night your face hurts cause you have been laughing so much.

Visited June 2012