“Best Peking Duck in Akl if not NZ”
Review of Empress Garden

Empress Garden
Ranked #322 of 2,358 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The best place for excellent Peking Duck. Even my Chinese friends will vouch for it. In addition, I highly recommend the Sesame Prawns. This place is a classic- in an old villa in posh Herne Bay, sticking out like a sore thumb (green, red and white paint) in an area of white villas. The service is average, typical for a Chinese resto. Parking is easy. Reservation is easy. Food is fantastic.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is the place where the more people that you have in your group, the more fun the experience will be. Family or work, this is the place for your next group meal. We went with a group of 17 and had an absolute blast. When your work asks for suggestions for their next big work do, make sure you remember this incredible restaurant. The traditional Peking Duck is the best that I have ever had and the rest of the menu is full of favorites as well. Enjoy!!!

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Come here for the best Peeking duck and other great Chinese dishes. Always wonderful, welcoming service and very good value for money.

1  Thank TouringNZ
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Firstly I love Christine who always greets you warmly.. Then I love the Peking duck, pancakes, minced duck in lettuce leaves and spicy beef with crispy leaf.. Then I love the price.. Then I go home full and happy.. Then I plan my next visit to Empress Garden!!! Once I ate there for lunch, then came back and ate there for dinner! The house isn't flash but the people and the food make up for it! The best duck in Auckland!!! This is a must..

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I thought it best to write this review just after enjoying a fine meal at this Chinese eatery! If you're looking for SPICY CHINESE, look no further! Three others joined me at this meal tonight and we ordered entree's and mains to share to gather a sense of flavour!

And flavour was in plenty supply! A beef, chicken along with sizzling squid rounded out this Asian smorgasbord which delivered with texture, spice, and BOLD flavour!

I recommend this eatery with all my taste-buds! This was my 2nd visit and was better than the last!

Go and treat yourself, I'm sure you won't be disappointed! :-)

Cheers